Helpful Links

Using iPhone 3G with no data plan

Contributor

Re: Using iPhone 3G with no data plan

Your analogy on a car loan just illustrates my point better. Lienholders requires car insurance so they can recoup their money loaned in case of accidents. Once the loan is repaid, the lienholders have no more interests onthe car, thus has no right to require anything from the car owner. Same is true with a smartphone. After 2 years, the smartphone has been fully paid for.

The state has interest for the life of the car. Its called public safety, that's why insurance is required. Do you  have any other analogy?

As smartphones become cheaper and free wifi become prevalent, these big 3 carriers with their prohibitive data plans would become irrelevant, and that would be very soon..

Message 91 of 93
Master

I-ripoff wrote:

Your analogy on a car loan just illustrates my point better. Lienholders requires car insurance so they can recoup their money loaned in case of accidents. Once the loan is repaid, the lienholders have no more interests onthe car, thus has no right to require anything from the car owner. Same is true with a smartphone. After 2 years, the smartphone has been fully paid for.

The state has interest for the life of the car. Its called public safety, that's why insurance is required. Do you  have any other analogy?

As smartphones become cheaper and free wifi become prevalent, these big 3 carriers with their prohibitive data plans would become irrelevant, and that would be very soon..

Not sure what the grip is at this point.....  If you want a smartphone, you must get a data plan.  As to why?  It does not matter it is required.  If you do not like the policy. find a differnt carrier.  Your choice.......

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 92 of 93
Highlighted
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 93 of 93
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support