Using a Different AT&T SIM Card on iPhone (Sort of a Unique Situation)

Contributor

Using a Different AT&T SIM Card on iPhone (Sort of a Unique Situation)

My dad wants to use his corporate AT&T sim card (which doesn't have a data plan on it, it has voice and text, given free from his company) in his new iPhone 4 and give the iPhone 4 sim card (which we will continue using and paying for) to my mom.

Will AT&T automatically charge a data plan to my dad's corporate sim card? I know this happens to regular post-paid sim cards but I don't know how this would work on a corporate one since the company probably has some sort of special contract with AT&T.

Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: Using a Different AT&T SIM Card on iPhone (Sort of a Unique Situation)

Yes, AT&T will automatically add a data plan to the account.  It may not happen immediately, but it will happen.

All smartphones on the AT&T network (except for the few grandfathered in with no data) require a data plan.  There is no way your fathers iPhone4 is grandfathered in with the "No data" option.  The iPhone4 was released after the new data plan requirements.

Message 2 of 3
ACE - Professor

Re: Using a Different AT&T SIM Card on iPhone (Sort of a Unique Situation)

Have your dad check with his work IT/security department to make sure the iP4 is an approved device for corporate email access (it should be, but you never know) and to have them add an iPhone data plan to his account.

Unless he doesn't like where he works, of course Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support