Using MMS instead of data for pictures GoPhone

Contributor

Using MMS instead of data for pictures GoPhone

I really messed up.  I had $2 unlimited a day phone and text but chose to purchase 100 MB of data out of curiousity.  I do need that data for apps like Google Maps but do not need it for picture messaging because I can send a picture of sufficient size through MMS.  Having said that though now that I am using the data and am off of the $2 access charge can I send a MMS using 160 bytes of data or am I using the 500 or so KB it takes for the picture?  At that rate about 30 pictures and I am done, when I could have sent unlimited pictures through MMS.

Also, though a bit unrelated.  Can I get the $50 unlimited phone and data for the F160?  I think that is still considered a feature phone, and not a smartphone, but I am unsure.  

Message 1 of 2 (1,731 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Re: Using MMS instead of data for pictures GoPhone

chris722 wrote:

I really messed up.  I had $2 unlimited a day phone and text but chose to purchase 100 MB of data out of curiousity.  I do need that data for apps like Google Maps but do not need it for picture messaging because I can send a picture of sufficient size through MMS.  Having said that though now that I am using the data and am off of the $2 access charge can I send a MMS using 160 bytes of data or am I using the 500 or so KB it takes for the picture?  At that rate about 30 pictures and I am done, when I could have sent unlimited pictures through MMS.

Also, though a bit unrelated.  Can I get the $50 unlimited phone and data for the F160?  I think that is still considered a feature phone, and not a smartphone, but I am unsure.  

Not really sure about the data/MMS part of your post...?

But for part two, yes, you can use a feature phone like the F160 on the $50 Unlimited Talk, Text, and Web plan.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 2 (1,712 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.