Use upgrade early to get iPhone4s

Tutor

Use upgrade early to get iPhone4s

My upgrade is in December of this year.  I know in the past, users have been able to use their full upgrade for a new iPhone even before their upgrade was available (ex: users could upgrade to an iPhone4 if they had one available from launch date through the end of the year).  Will that be the case with the 4s as well?  Or will I have to wait until December?

Message 1 of 11 (12,528 Views)
Master

Re: Use upgrade early to get iPhone4s

Early upgrades at the fully discounted price have not been announced yet so as of now you would need to wait.  Things could change in the next 48 hours?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 11 (12,515 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

What is the earliest you guys think you will know. Even iPhone 4 users are sitting on the edge of their seats waiting to jump the gun if an early upgrade option is available. Need info!!!! Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 11 (12,345 Views)

If you have an early iphone upgrade, I'm sure you can upgrade to the iphone 4s at early upgrade price. Call customer service to see if you have an early iphone upgrade available.

Message 4 of 11 (12,246 Views)
Professor

There are 3 pricing levels. The full discount upgrade price, which is the $199/$299, etc, the early upgrade price, which is the full discount + $250, and full retail. Most people are eligible for the early upgrade (+ $250) and few, if any, for the full discount.

I'd say that unless something comes out by the end of the day today about AT&T moving up upgrade dates, it's not going to happen.
Message 5 of 11 (12,165 Views)
Scholar

It looks like and feels like ATT is gettting ready to screw us all. But we shall see. I say they wont. They want to see RED on there reports for the quater. 

Message 6 of 11 (12,154 Views)
Tutor

I'm eligible for the early upgrade of the +$250.  I was just curious if they would open it up.  It's not a big deal if they don't -- I'll just wait.  It's ONLY two months.

And who knows?  Maybe by then I'll change my mind and hold on to the upgrade until the next iPhone comes out.....

Message 7 of 11 (12,095 Views)

solplyr wrote:

I'm eligible for the early upgrade of the +$250.  I was just curious if they would open it up.  It's not a big deal if they don't -- I'll just wait.  It's ONLY two months.

And who knows?  Maybe by then I'll change my mind and hold on to the upgrade until the next iPhone comes out.....

I wish others would see it like you did solplyr.

Message 8 of 11 (11,971 Views)
Contributor

I tried this yesterday to take advantage of iPhone 4 reduced pricing ($199 for 32 GB) cause I have a 3GS with a cracked screen, and they couldn't or wouldn't do it. They said they could do it on ANY other phone BUT iPhone. 

I only have to pay $85 to get out of my contract on both my lines, so seems like horrible customer service/business strategy to me, now with Verizon and Sprint in on the game. 

Maybe their policy will change on Oct. 15th when 4s is out....

I've had this AT&T wireless account since 2000, so it seems about time to switch to Verizon. AT&T obviously has no customer loyalty. 

Message 9 of 11 (11,514 Views)
Professor

I would think there is no value to AT&T allowing early upgrades at this point. If they suddenly decided on Friday to move people's upgrade dates up, the chances of getting your hands on a phone that day would be slim to none. If you ordered, it would likely be 2-3 weeks anyway, and people would complain about that, especially the people who bit the bullet and paid the early upgrade price for the phone.

It's far less grief to them to stick to the the policy they already started. Changing their minds now would just cause much, much more grief than they've already gotten.

If someone believes that it's cheaper to swap over to Verizon, and you'll get an iPhone earlier, that their service is better, and that they'll treat you better when the iPhone 5 comes out (very likely much earlier than end the 2-year contract you're signing up for), then they should go.
Message 10 of 11 (11,498 Views)

What does customer loyalty have to do with letting you upgrade early? Do you think Verizon is letting everyone who bought an iPhone 4 eight months ago suddenly upgrade to the 4S? Not a chance. The "early upgrade" fairy didn't sprinkle magical "upgrade dust" on everyone this time around, so either wait for your upgrade or pay the ETF & go.

mdalehite wrote:

I tried this yesterday to take advantage of iPhone 4 reduced pricing ($199 for 32 GB) cause I have a 3GS with a cracked screen, and they couldn't or wouldn't do it. They said they could do it on ANY other phone BUT iPhone. 

I only have to pay $85 to get out of my contract on both my lines, so seems like horrible customer service/business strategy to me, now with Verizon and Sprint in on the game. 

Maybe their policy will change on Oct. 15th when 4s is out....

I've had this AT&T wireless account since 2000, so it seems about time to switch to Verizon. AT&T obviously has no customer loyalty. 

Message 11 of 11 (8,905 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.