Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 6, 2011
2:37:51 PM
View profile
Use a ringtone as a text message alert

I see that this question has been asked numerous times, but I can't find the answer that applies to me...

How can I use a ringtone, which is already on my windows phone (HTC Surround), as a text message alert?  I see in other posts that the sound needs to be in .wav format, but I cannot figure out how to locate the sound on my phone and sync it with my computer, change the format, and then sync it back to my phone (Using Zune).

Any suggestions? 

I see that this question has been asked numerous times, but I can't find the answer that applies to me...

How can I use a ringtone, which is already on my windows phone (HTC Surround), as a text message alert?  I see in other posts that the sound needs to be in .wav format, but I cannot figure out how to locate the sound on my phone and sync it with my computer, change the format, and then sync it back to my phone (Using Zune).

Any suggestions? 

Use a ringtone as a text message alert

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2011 3:18:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

I was able to find a similar sound online, convert to .wav, but I'm not able to sync the .wav file with my phone.....  So much for that idea...

I was able to find a similar sound online, convert to .wav, but I'm not able to sync the .wav file with my phone.....  So much for that idea...

Re: Use a ringtone as a text message alert

2 of 4 (1,652 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2011 7:23:31 AM
(0)
Tutor
You should have bought an iPhone or an Android, you should have waited till the Windows phone got more support, then turn to a windows phone if you wanted one. at least then it would have been up to par or close to with features the current dominating smart phones have at the moment.
You should have bought an iPhone or an Android, you should have waited till the Windows phone got more support, then turn to a windows phone if you wanted one. at least then it would have been up to par or close to with features the current dominating smart phones have at the moment.

3 of 4 (1,561 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2012 4:16:29 AM
(0)
Tutor

Just change it in the menu, no need to buy a new phone.

Just change it in the menu, no need to buy a new phone.

4 of 4 (1,526 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments