Use ZTE Z221 USB Internet Connection on Computer

Mentor

Use ZTE Z221 USB Internet Connection on Computer

I connected the ATT ZTE Z221 via usb to computer, and it installed modem drivers for that phone. How do I connect the computer via usb to the Media NET or whatever internet that phone uses on the computer?

Message 1 of 20 (7,481 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: Use ZTE Z221 USB Internet Connection on Computer

TheRPGLPer wrote:

I connected the ATT ZTE Z221 via usb to computer, and it installed modem drivers for that phone. How do I connect the computer via usb to the Media NET or whatever internet that phone uses on the computer?

It sounds like your goal is to use your phone as a modem so you have an internet connection on your computer. Is that right? 

Here is the manual for your phone - it should help: http://www.zteusa.com/device/201108/P020110830813371544890.pdf

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 20 (7,439 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

That is exactly what I am trying to do. I'll look at the manual.

EDIT: Still gives me no guideline on what to do. What do I have to do on my computer? I see that the phone has Mobile Settings but my computer refuses to connect.

Message 3 of 20 (7,434 Views)
Former Community Manager

I honestly don't know but let me look into it. 

In the meantime, maybe one of our community members has some advice that can help. Smiley Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 20 (7,429 Views)
Mentor

Okay, thank you.
Message 5 of 20 (7,426 Views)
Professor

The computer's cache probably contains information on the network that you previously connected to. Reboot your computer to clear the cache. See if that works.

Message 6 of 20 (7,415 Views)
Mentor

I'll try that. Also what I am trying to do is similar to the USB Tethering Internet with the Blackberry. I dial the *93# and it gets to registering the computer on the network and it fails there.
Message 7 of 20 (7,368 Views)
Tutor

I would like to know, as well.

Message 8 of 20 (7,272 Views)
Mentor

Any solution yet?
Message 9 of 20 (7,224 Views)
Professor

Wild Banchi posted the url that has detailed instructions for Z221. It looks like all the instructions are included. Just go over it and you will find out.
Message 10 of 20 (7,222 Views)
Mentor

can you link it please?
Message 11 of 20 (6,748 Views)
Professor

Here is the post.

Message 12 of 20 (6,744 Views)
Professor

I turned to the tethering section but found no relevant info in there. For goodness sake, don't add a tethering subtitle if there's no information in there. This is supposed to be a released documentation.
Message 13 of 20 (6,735 Views)
Mentor

Well, is it even possible?
Message 14 of 20 (6,730 Views)
Professor

With history as a guide, the feature was likely disabled by the carrier.

Happy T Day.

Message 15 of 20 (6,727 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support