Use ZTE Z221 USB Internet Connection on Computer

Mentor

Use ZTE Z221 USB Internet Connection on Computer

I connected the ATT ZTE Z221 via usb to computer, and it installed modem drivers for that phone. How do I connect the computer via usb to the Media NET or whatever internet that phone uses on the computer?

Message 1 of 20
Professor

Re: Use ZTE Z221 USB Internet Connection on Computer

If anyone found a way to make tethering work, I want you all to be aware that you will need to purchase a data plan AND a tethering plan. As far as I can recall, the data plan alone would be $40. The tethering plan would be $60 a month. That means $100 per month.

Please talk to an AT&T rep.
Message 16 of 20
Mentor

Figured it out and get about 300k/s
Message 17 of 20
Former Community Manager

That's great! Would you mind posting the steps you took so other folks can benefit from your knowledge?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 20
Mentor

Yeah. In the phones modem settings, you have to set a username and password. Plug it on, on your computer, dial that number (*#99* I think) and in username and pass put what you set in the phone. You might have to change some settings in the modem though. Edit: can someone confirm that number for me? *#99# or *#99* Idk
Message 19 of 20
Highlighted
Contributor

BLUE TOOTH FOR TRANSFER OF PICTURES WILL WORK.

Message 20 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support