Use Factory Unlocked iphone 4 in US

Contributor

Use Factory Unlocked iphone 4 in US

Hi. I recently purchased a factory unlocked iphone 4 in Singapore. My question is : when I go back to the US, can I use this iphone with US provider (e.g. AT&T)

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (2,488 Views)
Professor

Re: Use Factory Unlocked iphone 4 in US

Yes.

Remove existing microSIM and insert an AT&T microSIM.  You may need to manually enter the network settings.

Message 2 of 7 (2,471 Views)
Professor

call AT&T when you get back to the USA! they can tell you more than we can.  just spoke with a person today he was out side the United states he bought a iphone4, and he was told it can be used with AT&T  and he could. but you should call them.

Message 3 of 7 (2,422 Views)

You may need to change the APN code. Locked iPhones do not have this Network Setting.

Use this site to get the proper APN for virtually any carrier in the world:

www.unlockit.co.nz

Save calling the carrier.

Message 4 of 7 (2,358 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

please help i from brazil. i buy one iphone 4 at&t
i need factory unlock somebody have site for unlok factory
or people for shell-me this unlock ?

thanks, send email {personal content removed for safety}

Message 5 of 7 (1,594 Views)
ACE - Expert

AT&T and Apple do not supply unlock codes for the iPhone. You will need to find an online company that supplies unlock codes.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7 (1,582 Views)
Professor

There is no unlock code for the iPhone. Unlocking is done strictly through Apple's servers and has to be authorized by the carrier, which AT&T will not currently do.
Message 7 of 7 (1,566 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.