Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Urgent need to connect with WiFi

Scholar

Urgent need to connect with WiFi

I have a 2Wire gateway here and can connect with 3 hardwired computers and 1 laptop wirelessly.  When I try to connect with my Galaxy II S, it does recognize the gateway, says, "Status: Obtaining IP address; Security: WEP; Signal strength Excellent; Link speed 54 Mbps".

But it just constantly says, "Obtaining IP address - and this will go on for hours. I'm two feet from the gateway.

I really need this.

Message 1 of 10
Scholar

Re: Urgent need to connect with WiFi

I called AT&T and got routed to three different people. The last one told me to reconfigure the gateway. She seemed very unfamiliar with this and it was obvious she was looking it up and reading from a manual. I went in there, and after digging out the gateway from its location managed to get the information and enter it. After all this - the bimbo on the phone hung up! Sorry, but I'm really frazzled by this.

Message 2 of 10
Teacher

happens to my skyrocket time to time. ...sometimes it eventually connects. Pulling the battery seems to work most of the time. or turn the wifi off and on a few times..eventually the phone connects
Message 3 of 10
Professor

Honestly AT&T can't help with this.you would need to call 2wire or Samsung
Message 4 of 10

Try pulling a dmesg and logcat and posting it for analysis.

I am unable to reproduce this problem with a Buffalo WHR-G54S running Tomato firmware.  (WPA2 security)

Message 5 of 10
Scholar

2Wire's website: "Pace products are sold exclusively through broadband service providers. Please refer to the technical support telephone number printed on your product documentation and/or packaging."

Spent a while with Samsung rep too.

Message 6 of 10
Scholar

I finally got it :-) A very nice AT&T rep in southern Nevada told me to put the gateway key in the phone. It worked! Ha ha Hee hee ho ho.

Message 7 of 10
Master

@12Chris34 wrote:

I finally got it :-) A very nice AT&T rep in southern Nevada told me to put the gateway key in the phone. It worked! Ha ha Hee hee ho ho.

Great! Congrats!

RE: "Ha ha Hee hee ho ho." Merry Christmas! Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 8 of 10
Scholar

calling at&t drones and going to at&t stores is just like asking bestbuy and walmart drones tech questions they will not know better to do your own research and do what the previous guy said and do a battery pull

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Master

@umcpgrad wrote:

calling at&t drones and going to at&t stores is just like asking bestbuy and walmart drones tech questions they will not know better to do your own research and do what the previous guy said and do a battery pull

Battery pull will not help OP if he didn't know which key to put into his phone for WEP.

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support