Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 15, 2010
3:56:08 PM
View profile
Upset LONGTIME customer!

I have been a customer of ATT since 1998 before that My parents paid for me a phone for 2 years So I have been with ATT for I figure 12 years.

I have used MANY upgrades and very rarely have even squabbled over a bill...

I had 2 phones on a plan one of which was very close (within a month) to a full upgrade. I paid an early upgrade 399 for an Iphone 4 expecting to use my full upgrade for my wife ( whom was on the same plan) in september for an Iphone for her birthday. I was told by the representative that this was not a problem.

I went ahead and upgraded mine because I was moving it to a corporate plan (which is with ATT) Now I go to upgrade my wifes and my full upgrade dissapeared when i removed my phone from the plan!

Customer Service was unwilling to do anything to passify my discomfort with them when I called after I was josseled around in 4 different conversations with people.

As soon as I can I will be moving accounts to another Provider unless they help me

ALL I WANT IS A MEASLEY FULL UPGRADE IN WHICH I EARNED the money is not the issue I just feel like I am loosing something I earned.

I HEAR VERIZON WIRELESS has some good plans...

Oh yea I am the business owner who has the corporate plan too maybe ill move it while im at it!

Great customer retention ATT

I have been a customer of ATT since 1998 before that My parents paid for me a phone for 2 years So I have been with ATT for I figure 12 years.

I have used MANY upgrades and very rarely have even squabbled over a bill...

I had 2 phones on a plan one of which was very close (within a month) to a full upgrade. I paid an early upgrade 399 for an Iphone 4 expecting to use my full upgrade for my wife ( whom was on the same plan) in september for an Iphone for her birthday. I was told by the representative that this was not a problem.

I went ahead and upgraded mine because I was moving it to a corporate plan (which is with ATT) Now I go to upgrade my wifes and my full upgrade dissapeared when i removed my phone from the plan!

Customer Service was unwilling to do anything to passify my discomfort with them when I called after I was josseled around in 4 different conversations with people.

As soon as I can I will be moving accounts to another Provider unless they help me

ALL I WANT IS A MEASLEY FULL UPGRADE IN WHICH I EARNED the money is not the issue I just feel like I am loosing something I earned.

I HEAR VERIZON WIRELESS has some good plans...

Oh yea I am the business owner who has the corporate plan too maybe ill move it while im at it!

Great customer retention ATT

Upset LONGTIME customer!

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2010 10:10:41 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by Neihn on Sep 15, 2010 at 10:11:51 PM

Lets see if i understand you correctly:

You had 2 lines on 1 plan You moved your line (we'll Call Line A) to a corporate plan while leaving line B on the old plan?

If that is correct that is most likely why your upgrade date changed. Your upgrade dates can vary depending on the plans and phones attached. Removing and even adding a phone or changing plans CAN affect the upgrade date.

Lets see if i understand you correctly:

You had 2 lines on 1 plan You moved your line (we'll Call Line A) to a corporate plan while leaving line B on the old plan?

If that is correct that is most likely why your upgrade date changed. Your upgrade dates can vary depending on the plans and phones attached. Removing and even adding a phone or changing plans CAN affect the upgrade date.

Re: Upset LONGTIME customer!

[ Edited ]
2 of 9 (277 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2010 6:50:53 AM
(0)
Guru

What do you mean with "my full upgrade dissapeared"? How many days or months did your upgrade eligibility was extended from the original upgrade date?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

What do you mean with "my full upgrade dissapeared"? How many days or months did your upgrade eligibility was extended from the original upgrade date?

3 of 9 (262 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2010 7:18:42 AM
(0)
Professor

Calm down, your spending more time talking about Verizon then helping us help you. Verizon will never be able to use your GSM iPhone, so please stop talking about Verizon.

What did you do to your phone before you lost the elegibility? You briefly mentioned transferring your line or something. Please explain in detail, then we can give you some insight on whats going on.

Calm down, your spending more time talking about Verizon then helping us help you. Verizon will never be able to use your GSM iPhone, so please stop talking about Verizon.

What did you do to your phone before you lost the elegibility? You briefly mentioned transferring your line or something. Please explain in detail, then we can give you some insight on whats going on.

4 of 9 (254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 7:10:30 AM
(0)
Guru

You used your upgrade when you did the early upgrade on the iphone 4. You chose to pay the extra $$$ in order to get the  early upgrade. If you had wanted to keep your upgrade you should have paid full price for the iphone.

Your phone was still subsidized, so why should At&t offer you anything special. You could have waited the 30 days(?) til your contract allowed full upgrade, but NO, you had to have the phone.

You have brought this on yourself, not At&t.

AT&T owes you nothing. They are a business, not a charity.

Your wife's phone will eventually be eligible for upgrade. You can: 1. Pay full price for an iphone, if you can't wait.

2. Use an early upgrade when it is offered.

3. Wait til her phone is eligible for full upgrade.

4. Pay the ETF on both your lines, move to another

carrier, and then complain you can't use your

iphone on their network.

You used your upgrade when you did the early upgrade on the iphone 4. You chose to pay the extra $$$ in order to get the  early upgrade. If you had wanted to keep your upgrade you should have paid full price for the iphone.

Your phone was still subsidized, so why should At&t offer you anything special. You could have waited the 30 days(?) til your contract allowed full upgrade, but NO, you had to have the phone.

You have brought this on yourself, not At&t.

AT&T owes you nothing. They are a business, not a charity.

Your wife's phone will eventually be eligible for upgrade. You can: 1. Pay full price for an iphone, if you can't wait.

2. Use an early upgrade when it is offered.

3. Wait til her phone is eligible for full upgrade.

4. Pay the ETF on both your lines, move to another

carrier, and then complain you can't use your

iphone on their network.

5 of 9 (214 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 8:26:15 AM
(0)
Guru

I think the OP was talking about he used the Early upgrade on his wifes line and was going to use his lines full upgrade for his wife. But it would be nice to get the OP back here to clarify somethings such as this and what others before you brought up.

I think the OP was talking about he used the Early upgrade on his wifes line and was going to use his lines full upgrade for his wife. But it would be nice to get the OP back here to clarify somethings such as this and what others before you brought up.

6 of 9 (204 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 10:31:29 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Lisahahaha on Sep 17, 2010 at 10:32:40 AM

Verizon has very bad customer service, I've been told.

Anyway, I had the same problem and AT&T gave me my upgrade, I just couldn't order from the web this time.  They had to place the order for me.    Sometimes you get very helpful reps and sometime you get reps that don't know as much.   If you talk to enough people you'll eventually get someone who gets what you are trying to say.

Anyway, I had the same problem and AT&T gave me my upgrade, I just couldn't order from the web this time.  They had to place the order for me.    Sometimes you get very helpful reps and sometime you get reps that don't know as much.   If you talk to enough people you'll eventually get someone who gets what you are trying to say.

[ Edited ]
7 of 9 (187 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 10:40:11 AM
(0)
Scholar

Im sorry about the confusion this may cause, but actually, remember if you change youre plan for a lower one, youre upgrade elegibility could be extended, also, it depends on youre current rate, if you pay early upgrade for you wifes iPhone, then you have a discount, and that discount is like if you actually made an upgrade.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, stategies or opinions.

Im sorry about the confusion this may cause, but actually, remember if you change youre plan for a lower one, youre upgrade elegibility could be extended, also, it depends on youre current rate, if you pay early upgrade for you wifes iPhone, then you have a discount, and that discount is like if you actually made an upgrade.

8 of 9 (183 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2010 10:10:13 AM
(0)
Tutor

Lisahahaha wrote:

Sorry, but good customer service should NEVER involve being forced to talk to "enough people" to "eventually" get help. 

Lisahahaha wrote:

Sorry, but good customer service should NEVER involve being forced to talk to "enough people" to "eventually" get help. 

9 of 9 (133 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments