Upgrading to an iPhone 3GS...?

Tutor

Upgrading to an iPhone 3GS...?

Last year I used my dad's number to upgrade to an iPhone 3G because I wasnt eligible. Now i am eligible and i want the 3GS. Would transfering my upgrade eligibility to his number work? Would I get the 3GS at the discounted price? If so, what happens to the 3G?
Message 1 of 4
Scholar

Re: Upgrading to an iPhone 3GS...?

I assume your dad doesn't want the 3G? That would be best because you wouldn't have to do anything except swap SIMs; your dad would get the a nice 3G and you'd get the discounted price on the 3GS. The only way to get a 3GS at the discounted price and restore your dad's eligibility for a different phone would be to pay an early termination fee on the 3G.
Message Edited by TheBum on 06-21-2009 08:31:06 AM
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Tutor

Would we still have to pay the monthly fee for the 3G?
Message 3 of 4
Master

helldog63 wrote:
Would we still have to pay the monthly fee for the 3G?

If you give him your old iPhone 3g then he would have to keep the $30 iPhone data plan on his line also.  If he doesn't want your old iPhone 3G and wants to keep his current phone then the iPhone data plan can be deleted off that line by calling customer service.  They will want the IMEI from the phone he will have on the line.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support