Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 23, 2011
6:40:18 AM
View profile
Upgrading to an Elevate from 2372

The PDF for the Elevate User Guide shows the following network connection types: 4G, 4G(LTE), E, and G.  Do these classifications encompass all the connection types supported by a 2372 Mobile Hotspot?

The PDF for the Elevate User Guide shows the following network connection types: 4G, 4G(LTE), E, and G.  Do these classifications encompass all the connection types supported by a 2372 Mobile Hotspot?

Upgrading to an Elevate from 2372

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 8:07:47 AM
(0)
Teacher

What I'm really trying to get at here is:

If I have a 2372 installed, and upgrade to an Elevate, will my lashup still work?  We live in a remote location, but I manage to get acceptable levels of 2372 performance from a tower 6-8 miles away, using an external antenna and repeater at the house. (I have no idea what modes/technologies are supported by ATT from that tower - is there a way of finding that out?  The 2372 indicates an Internet connection using HSUPA technology - does that mean that's all that's offered by the tower? Or all that's offered by the 2372? Neither?  Both?)

Thanks,

What I'm really trying to get at here is:

If I have a 2372 installed, and upgrade to an Elevate, will my lashup still work?  We live in a remote location, but I manage to get acceptable levels of 2372 performance from a tower 6-8 miles away, using an external antenna and repeater at the house. (I have no idea what modes/technologies are supported by ATT from that tower - is there a way of finding that out?  The 2372 indicates an Internet connection using HSUPA technology - does that mean that's all that's offered by the tower? Or all that's offered by the 2372? Neither?  Both?)

Thanks,

Re: Upgrading to an Elevate from 2372

2 of 2 (102 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments