Upgrading to One-X. Can someone else use my Captivate without setting up a data plan?

Teacher

Upgrading to One-X. Can someone else use my Captivate without setting up a data plan?

Subject pretty much says it all. I'm eligible for an upgrade as of a few weeks ago. I'm upgrading to the One-X. If someone else on my Family Plan who currently has a dumb phone pops their SIM in my Captivate, will it work with no data plan? Or will one get added automatically? We have WiFi for use at home.

Thanks,

TD

Message 1 of 4 (506 Views)
Expert

Re: Upgrading to One-X. Can someone else use my Captivate without setting up a data plan?

TowerDave wrote:

Subject pretty much says it all. I'm eligible for an upgrade as of a few weeks ago. I'm upgrading to the One-X. If someone else on my Family Plan who currently has a dumb phone pops their SIM in my Captivate, will it work with no data plan? Or will one get added automatically? We have WiFi for use at home.

Thanks,

TD

the captivate is a smartphone, it will require a data plan no matter what. If one is not added by you it will be automaticly added.

Message 2 of 4 (483 Views)
Teacher

Re: Upgrading to One-X. Can someone else use my Captivate without setting up a data plan?

So the next question is, will it work fine without a SIM except for the Phone and Text Messaging? Can my son still play the games on it, as long as we have Wifi for those games that require internet access?

TD

Message 3 of 4 (465 Views)
Employee

If you never put a SIM card in it it'll be fine.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (455 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.