Upgrading to LTE Nokia Lumia..requires new data plan or use old one?

Upgrading to LTE Nokia Lumia..requires new data plan or use old one?

I'm currently on the 2GB $25 iphone plan, but I want to upgrade my phone to the Nokia Lumia 900. I cannot checkout the cart without AT&T website forcing me to get rid of the $25 plan and switching to the 3GB plan for $45 dollars. I barely uses 2GB per month and paying another $20 for something I won't even reach is not a smart move.

Is it possible to keep the 2GB and order the phone WITHOUT the new data plan?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Professor

Re: Upgrading to LTE Nokia Lumia..requires new data plan or use old one?

Hi there!

Calling Customer Care to place your order will help. They will be able to change your data plan accordingly. Smiley Happy

Posted from my iPhone 4S on AT&T, the nation's fastest 4G network.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Expert

hieutran972 wrote:

I'm currently on the 2GB $25 iphone plan, but I want to upgrade my phone to the Nokia Lumia 900. I cannot checkout the cart without AT&T website forcing me to get rid of the $25 plan and switching to the 3GB plan for $45 dollars. I barely uses 2GB per month and paying another $20 for something I won't even reach is not a smart move.

Is it possible to keep the 2GB and order the phone WITHOUT the new data plan?

confused, the 3GB plan is only 30.00 according to their current pricing page, there is no 45.00 plan, the closest is 50.00 for 5gb w/ tethering

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/data-plans.jsp?fbid=x3APwbcEi-0

Message 3 of 6
Employee

If you had the 25 plan and want to add tethering the web will allow you the choice of the old 45$ plan, not sure why. If you go over the 2gb a month even by a small amount the 3gb plan makes more sense, but you should still have the option to chose a 25 2gb smartphone LTE data plan.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6

The datapro 2GB for iphone is $25 on my account, I have a premier account so there's an additional 16% off the $25. The 2GB was added on back in 2010 when the iphone 4 first came out. Not sure if they still offered that but that's what I have. 

I just called ATT and they said they can't take pre-orders over the phone, which is funny. I guess I have to wait for it to release to go to the store and see if they can help me without upgrading to LTE data plan and stick with the 2GB dataplan I have for 2 years now.

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Expert

hieutran972 wrote:

The datapro 2GB for iphone is $25 on my account, I have a premier account so there's an additional 16% off the $25. The 2GB was added on back in 2010 when the iphone 4 first came out. Not sure if they still offered that but that's what I have. 

I just called ATT and they said they can't take pre-orders over the phone, which is funny. I guess I have to wait for it to release to go to the store and see if they can help me without upgrading to LTE data plan and stick with the 2GB dataplan I have for 2 years now.

not sure if you will be able to keep it, the 25.00 plan was discontinued, of the new plans the only one that qualifies for a discount is the tethered plan

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support