Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 5, 2012
5:03:47 PM
View profile
Upgrading phones through AT&T or buying at Walmart, etc.

Hello,

I would like to get a different phone, but I am not eligible for upgrade options with good prices through AT&T at this time.  Can I buy a phone through Walmart, Best Buy, etc., and switch it with the phone currently on my account?  If so, how would I go about doing this?  I already have a two-year contract, and it doesn't expire for another year or so.  Thanks for any help or advice!

Hello,

I would like to get a different phone, but I am not eligible for upgrade options with good prices through AT&T at this time.  Can I buy a phone through Walmart, Best Buy, etc., and switch it with the phone currently on my account?  If so, how would I go about doing this?  I already have a two-year contract, and it doesn't expire for another year or so.  Thanks for any help or advice!

Upgrading phones through AT&T or buying at Walmart, etc.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2012 2:36:51 AM
(0)
Expert

eadebeaux wrote:

Hello,

you can buy any phone you want that works on the att network anywhere you want, just not at a discounted upgrade price, so for a 16gb Iphone you will pay 649.00 instead of 199.00

eadebeaux wrote:

Hello,

you can buy any phone you want that works on the att network anywhere you want, just not at a discounted upgrade price, so for a 16gb Iphone you will pay 649.00 instead of 199.00

Re: Upgrading phones through AT&T or buying at Walmart, etc.

2 of 4 (3,095 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2012 8:58:53 AM
(0)
Scholar

You can get a GoPhone at Best Buy or Wal Mart and put your SIM card in it.

You can get a GoPhone at Best Buy or Wal Mart and put your SIM card in it.

3 of 4 (3,040 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2012 7:42:42 PM
(0)
Professor
Add Radio Shack to the list of places that you can find GoPhones.
Add Radio Shack to the list of places that you can find GoPhones.

4 of 4 (3,019 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments