Upgrading phones through AT&T or buying at Walmart, etc.

Contributor

Upgrading phones through AT&T or buying at Walmart, etc.

Hello,

I would like to get a different phone, but I am not eligible for upgrade options with good prices through AT&T at this time.  Can I buy a phone through Walmart, Best Buy, etc., and switch it with the phone currently on my account?  If so, how would I go about doing this?  I already have a two-year contract, and it doesn't expire for another year or so.  Thanks for any help or advice!

Message 1 of 4 (3,138 Views)
Expert

Re: Upgrading phones through AT&T or buying at Walmart, etc.

eadebeaux wrote:

Hello,

I would like to get a different phone, but I am not eligible for upgrade options with good prices through AT&T at this time.  Can I buy a phone through Walmart, Best Buy, etc., and switch it with the phone currently on my account?  If so, how would I go about doing this?  I already have a two-year contract, and it doesn't expire for another year or so.  Thanks for any help or advice!

you can buy any phone you want that works on the att network anywhere you want, just not at a discounted upgrade price, so for a 16gb Iphone you will pay 649.00 instead of 199.00

Message 2 of 4 (3,107 Views)
Scholar

You can get a GoPhone at Best Buy or Wal Mart and put your SIM card in it.

Message 3 of 4 (3,052 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Add Radio Shack to the list of places that you can find GoPhones.
Message 4 of 4 (3,031 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.