Helpful Links

Upgrading phones through AT&T or buying at Walmart, etc.

Contributor

Upgrading phones through AT&T or buying at Walmart, etc.

Hello,

I would like to get a different phone, but I am not eligible for upgrade options with good prices through AT&T at this time.  Can I buy a phone through Walmart, Best Buy, etc., and switch it with the phone currently on my account?  If so, how would I go about doing this?  I already have a two-year contract, and it doesn't expire for another year or so.  Thanks for any help or advice!

Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: Upgrading phones through AT&T or buying at Walmart, etc.

eadebeaux wrote:

Hello,

I would like to get a different phone, but I am not eligible for upgrade options with good prices through AT&T at this time.  Can I buy a phone through Walmart, Best Buy, etc., and switch it with the phone currently on my account?  If so, how would I go about doing this?  I already have a two-year contract, and it doesn't expire for another year or so.  Thanks for any help or advice!

you can buy any phone you want that works on the att network anywhere you want, just not at a discounted upgrade price, so for a 16gb Iphone you will pay 649.00 instead of 199.00

Message 2 of 4
Scholar

You can get a GoPhone at Best Buy or Wal Mart and put your SIM card in it.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Professor

Add Radio Shack to the list of places that you can find GoPhones.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support