Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 22, 2011
12:05:56 PM
View profile
Upgrading both phones on my plan. Can I go from one iPhone to two and keep the unlimited data?

Hi! I currently have a 1400 family plan with two phones on it. A iphone 3GS (mine) and a "old school" LG (wife's). I have unlimited data on my phone and no data plan on hers. We are both eligible for an upgrade. Can I get us both 4s's and grandfather her into the unlimited data as well as my phone? Thanks for your time!

Hi! I currently have a 1400 family plan with two phones on it. A iphone 3GS (mine) and a "old school" LG (wife's). I have unlimited data on my phone and no data plan on hers. We are both eligible for an upgrade. Can I get us both 4s's and grandfather her into the unlimited data as well as my phone? Thanks for your time!

Upgrading both phones on my plan. Can I go from one iPhone to two and keep the unlimited data?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 12:10:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

I apologize, i double posted and cannot figure out how to delete the other one.

I apologize, i double posted and cannot figure out how to delete the other one.

Re: Upgrading both phones on my plan. Can I go from one iPhone to two and keep the unlimited data?

2 of 9 (261 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 12:11:15 PM
(0)
Former Employee

macable wrote:

You can both upgrade to 4s's and you can keep the unlimited data on your phone only. Your wife would need to select either the 2GB, 200MB or 4GB tethering plan.

macable wrote:

You can both upgrade to 4s's and you can keep the unlimited data on your phone only. Your wife would need to select either the 2GB, 200MB or 4GB tethering plan.

Re: Upgrading both phones on my plan. Can I go from one iPhone to two and keep the unlimited data?

3 of 9 (259 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 12:11:56 PM
(0)
Guru

Only your line can have (and keep) the unlimited data. Unlimited plans are no longer offered. You would have to purchase the 200MB = $15 or 2GB = $25 plan for her line.

macable wrote:

Only your line can have (and keep) the unlimited data. Unlimited plans are no longer offered. You would have to purchase the 200MB = $15 or 2GB = $25 plan for her line.

macable wrote:

4 of 9 (257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 12:13:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you for such a quick reply! What is the most accurate way I can estimate my past usage to "guestimate" her futere usage? That way I will know which plan would be better.

Thank you for such a quick reply! What is the most accurate way I can estimate my past usage to "guestimate" her futere usage? That way I will know which plan would be better.

5 of 9 (256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 12:15:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

Also, will that be the only bump in our plan rate? we already have unlimited text/mms/pic on our plan as well.

Also, will that be the only bump in our plan rate? we already have unlimited text/mms/pic on our plan as well.

6 of 9 (255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 12:58:50 PM
(0)
Scholar

macable wrote:

What is the most accurate way I can estimate my past usage to "guestimate" her futere usage? That way I will know which plan would be better.

macable wrote:

What is the most accurate way I can estimate my past usage to "guestimate" her futere usage? That way I will know which plan would be better.

7 of 9 (235 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 3:18:17 PM
(0)
Tutor
That is great! Didn't realize all that info was available to me. Awesome!
That is great! Didn't realize all that info was available to me. Awesome!

8 of 9 (218 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 3:31:26 PM
(0)
Professor

yep you can keep  your Unlimited data but your wife will have a limited data plan.

yep you can keep  your Unlimited data but your wife will have a limited data plan.

hello!!!

9 of 9 (212 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments