Upgrading both phones on my plan. Can I go from one iPhone to two and keep the unlimited data?

Highlighted
Tutor

Upgrading both phones on my plan. Can I go from one iPhone to two and keep the unlimited data?

Hi! I currently have a 1400 family plan with two phones on it. A iphone 3GS (mine) and a "old school" LG (wife's). I have unlimited data on my phone and no data plan on hers. We are both eligible for an upgrade. Can I get us both 4s's and grandfather her into the unlimited data as well as my phone? Thanks for your time!

Message 1 of 9 (277 Views)
Tutor

Re: Upgrading both phones on my plan. Can I go from one iPhone to two and keep the unlimited data?

I apologize, i double posted and cannot figure out how to delete the other one.

Message 2 of 9 (273 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Upgrading both phones on my plan. Can I go from one iPhone to two and keep the unlimited data?

macable wrote:

Hi! I currently have a 1400 family plan with two phones on it. A iphone 3GS (mine) and a "old school" LG (wife's). I have unlimited data on my phone and no data plan on hers. We are both eligible for an upgrade. Can I get us both 4s's and grandfather her into the unlimited data as well as my phone? Thanks for your time!

You can both upgrade to 4s's and you can keep the unlimited data on your phone only. Your wife would need to select either the 2GB, 200MB or 4GB tethering plan.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 9 (271 Views)

Only your line can have (and keep) the unlimited data. Unlimited plans are no longer offered. You would have to purchase the 200MB = $15 or 2GB = $25 plan for her line.

macable wrote:

Message 4 of 9 (269 Views)
Tutor

Thank you for such a quick reply! What is the most accurate way I can estimate my past usage to "guestimate" her futere usage? That way I will know which plan would be better.

Message 5 of 9 (268 Views)
Tutor

Also, will that be the only bump in our plan rate? we already have unlimited text/mms/pic on our plan as well.

Message 6 of 9 (267 Views)
Scholar

macable wrote:

What is the most accurate way I can estimate my past usage to "guestimate" her futere usage? That way I will know which plan would be better.

Message 7 of 9 (247 Views)
Tutor

That is great! Didn't realize all that info was available to me. Awesome!
Message 8 of 9 (230 Views)
Professor

yep you can keep  your Unlimited data but your wife will have a limited data plan.

Message 9 of 9 (224 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.