Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 10, 2012
5:10:10 PM
View profile
Upgrading a blackberry w/unlimited data plan,for an iphone 4s eliminate my unlimited plan?
I am planning to upgrade next June my blackberry for an iPhone 4s.But when I asked customer service they told me that with the iPhone 4s, I will not have the unlimited data plan, I have to buy the limited data.I don't understand why, the unlimited data is of the line , I have changed other phones and my unlimited data plan was never touched.
I am planning to upgrade next June my blackberry for an iPhone 4s.But when I asked customer service they told me that with the iPhone 4s, I will not have the unlimited data plan, I have to buy the limited data.I don't understand why, the unlimited data is of the line , I have changed other phones and my unlimited data plan was never touched.

Upgrading a blackberry w/unlimited data plan,for an iphone 4s eliminate my unlimited plan?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2012 8:14:59 PM
(0)
Professor

Your unlimited data plan will have to switch to an iPhone data plan, but it will still be unlimited. The only way to lose the unlimited plan is to switch to one of the tiered plans. Once you do that, you can't get the unlimited plan back.

Your unlimited data plan will have to switch to an iPhone data plan, but it will still be unlimited. The only way to lose the unlimited plan is to switch to one of the tiered plans. Once you do that, you can't get the unlimited plan back.

Re: Upgrading a blackberry w/unlimited data plan,for an iphone 4s eliminate my unlimited plan?

2 of 5 (1,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2012 5:22:47 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by ImminentFailure on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:24:03 PM

I was told the same. The grandfathers into unlimited data has expired is what I was told. The next time you go into contract you have to pick the tier plan.

Also as of last week I noted on OLAM that it says 'if you change from your 200mb plan, you wont be able to switch back. Couple months ago this message wasn't there. I was switching back and forth from 2gb to 200 for the months I was using Pandora during overtime at the office.

Couple of my other friends were told the same about the grandfathered unlimited expiring. As far as I gather, you could ride the unlimited data out of contract when yours expires. When they finally say you must switch, then you can decide if you want to remain their customer, and if so do a contract then and get the discount on a new phone. I haven't confirmed this in anyway, so take that at face value. 

I was told the same. The grandfathers into unlimited data has expired is what I was told. The next time you go into contract you have to pick the tier plan.

Also as of last week I noted on OLAM that it says 'if you change from your 200mb plan, you wont be able to switch back. Couple months ago this message wasn't there. I was switching back and forth from 2gb to 200 for the months I was using Pandora during overtime at the office.

Couple of my other friends were told the same about the grandfathered unlimited expiring. As far as I gather, you could ride the unlimited data out of contract when yours expires. When they finally say you must switch, then you can decide if you want to remain their customer, and if so do a contract then and get the discount on a new phone. I haven't confirmed this in anyway, so take that at face value. 

Re: Upgrading a blackberry w/unlimited data plan,for an iphone 4s eliminate my unlimited plan?

[ Edited ]
3 of 5 (1,116 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2012 9:04:14 AM
(0)
Scholar

ImminentFailure wrote:

The 200 MB ($15) and 2 GB ($25) plans are no longer offered.  They have changed to 300 MB ($20) and 3 GB ($30). 

ImminentFailure wrote:

The 200 MB ($15) and 2 GB ($25) plans are no longer offered.  They have changed to 300 MB ($20) and 3 GB ($30). 

4 of 5 (1,103 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2012 6:36:50 AM
(0)
Mentor

Sounds like At&t is teaching their CSR's to jip people...... Because that is false information.  

I just upgraded from my iphone 4 to HTC One x and I went from Iphone unlimited data to 4G LTE unlimited Data.

And this was in May 5th.  So know your facts people! Dont get ripped off!

Sounds like At&t is teaching their CSR's to jip people...... Because that is false information.  

I just upgraded from my iphone 4 to HTC One x and I went from Iphone unlimited data to 4G LTE unlimited Data.

And this was in May 5th.  So know your facts people! Dont get ripped off!

5 of 5 (741 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments