Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 8, 2012
10:36:29 AM
View profile
Upgrade w/o losing apps data and settings?
Edited by Phil-101 on Feb 8, 2012 at 11:04:38 AM

I really do not want to lose achievements in games (e.g Angry Birds, Dice Me, etc.).  Is there a way to go through the upgrade process and maintain that information?  I lost it all once when upgrading to 2.2 and will strongly consider not upgrading to 2.3 if it means I have to start all over with those games.  I would also prefer to keep the log in and settings info for many other apps but not a potential deal breaker if not able to.

[removed unneeded script]

I really do not want to lose achievements in games (e.g Angry Birds, Dice Me, etc.).  Is there a way to go through the upgrade process and maintain that information?  I lost it all once when upgrading to 2.2 and will strongly consider not upgrading to 2.3 if it means I have to start all over with those games.  I would also prefer to keep the log in and settings info for many other apps but not a potential deal breaker if not able to.

[removed unneeded script]

Upgrade w/o losing apps data and settings?

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2012 9:05:57 AM
(0)
Professor
There are 3rd party solutions to making backups of your data/apps/settings so that nothing will be lost after an update or reflash.
There are 3rd party solutions to making backups of your data/apps/settings so that nothing will be lost after an update or reflash.

Re: Upgrade w/o losing apps data and settings?

2 of 3 (455 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2012 10:24:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

Any recommended apps that perform backing-up of all of those functions (data, apps, settings)?

Any recommended apps that perform backing-up of all of those functions (data, apps, settings)?

Re: Upgrade w/o losing apps data and settings?

3 of 3 (434 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments