Upgrade screen - does NOT require I buy a data plan

Contributor

Upgrade screen - does NOT require I buy a data plan

I have a family plan, I have 3 iphones and I'm interested in upgrading to a Samsung.  When I go through the process screens to upgrade to another iphone, it requires me to select a data plan.  When i go to choose a Samsung (Focus), it doesn't require to pick a data plan.  We've been able to add one smartphone so far without a data plan.  I would like to upgrade to a smartphone and I'm wondering if I upgrade without selecting a data plan, if I can just use the Samsung for WiFi only and not have to pay for a data plan?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Professor

Re: Upgrade screen - does NOT require I buy a data plan

Hi there!

The Samsung Focus is not a smartphone, which explains why a smartphone data plan is not required! Smiley Wink

~ Evandela ~
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

The Focus is a smartphone!

Message 3 of 5
Expert

Evandela wrote:
Hi there!

The Samsung Focus is not a smartphone, which explains why a smartphone data plan is not required! Smiley Wink

~ Evandela ~

The Samsung Focus is a Windows 7 Mobile based phone, it is definately considered a Smartphone and has been since it's release last year and with the Mango release for it recently. It works as a smartphone just as well as your iphone and in some things even better

To the OP, it maybe just a glitch in the web retail order logic, but it will require a data plan, your best bet is if you decide to get it when it arrives call customer support and walk through the activation with them, they wil assist in adding the data plan

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Professor

Lol oops! Your absolutely right. Smiley Happy that's what I get for thinking about the Solstice II. Smiley Tongue

~ Evandela ~
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support