Upgrade question with expired 24 month contract

Contributor

Upgrade question with expired 24 month contract

My contract is expired family plan 5 lines 3 line contract is expired, I go in to a retailer offering a good deal and they look me up and it say I am ineligible for upgrade until may 4 2012,  so I talk to a CSR they say since account lapse< oops in hospital wife giving birth forgot to make agreed payment that night>  I cannot upgrade even though contract expired 0.o   So I ask for a manager they say can't help at first but then tell me well they can offer me upgrade only through AT & T store or phone , So I  ask him to honor BB price on 3 NEW phones <free- didnt mention the $50 gift card per phone> he says oh no I cant do that but I can offer you 3 refurbs for free.... HUH

Excuse me but my contract is UP u want to keep me as a customer I want to resign and upgrade..

Is this right ?

Message 1 of 7 (655 Views)

Re: Upgrade question with expired 24 month contract

I understand life happens, it happens to everyone but there still is a responsibility to ensure your bills are paid. If you are continually suspended for non payment, your upgrade eligiblity will be pushed back. It's not only you, but anyone that has numerous non payment suspensions have their eligiblity pushed back.

Message 2 of 7 (635 Views)
Contributor

interesting an employee who doesnt use his own employers phones .....an opinion that hmmm .. ya ....say LOTS about your opinion of AT&T.

Eligibility pushed beyond your contract life..... thats like paying off a car and then the bank says  well you were late on a few payments so you dont get your title for 6 months or until we feel like it.....

Message 3 of 7 (631 Views)
Expert

bigapone wrote:

interesting an employee who doesnt use his own employers phones .....an opinion that hmmm .. ya ....say LOTS about your opinion of AT&T.

Eligibility pushed beyond your contract life..... thats like paying off a car and then the bank says  well you were late on a few payments so you dont get your title for 6 months or until we feel like it.....

whatis the point, have friends that work for ford but don;t drive fords, there is such a thing as personal choice - it says absoluting nothing about their opinion of the company they work for, just what you want to read into it.

The difference is on your analog of being late on car payments, it does not push back when you get the title - they just come and get the car, so you never get the title

Message 4 of 7 (628 Views)
Contributor

Spoken like a true company man yes they would pick up the car if I was missing a couple of payments and ATT will send you to collections before you are 30 days past due and technically not even late as most services industries do not get paid until 30 days after services rendered, but not in the phone industry you are late before the month you are paying for is up.  

Enough company people really I mostly wanted to vent here a little in hopes that ATT might look at how many people they are turning away.  My contracts up they are still takiing my money gladly, I just wanted to update some of my equipment and give em more money, but guess it'll have to go elsewhere 

Message 5 of 7 (625 Views)
Expert

bigapone wrote:

Spoken like a true company man yes they would pick up the car if I was missing a couple of payments and ATT will send you to collections before you are 30 days past due and technically not even late as most services industries do not get paid until 30 days after services rendered, but not in the phone industry you are late before the month you are paying for is up.  

Enough company people really I mostly wanted to vent here a little in hopes that ATT might look at how many people they are turning away.  My contracts up they are still takiing my money gladly, I just wanted to update some of my equipment and give em more money, but guess it'll have to go elsewhere 

/rofl a "true company man"? Guess you are right since I am a business owner. The only involvement I have here is the 2 family plans that I have through att, and the corproate plan that I have for my employee's that have company supplied phones (along with sprint, verizon and globalstar corporate contracts), oh yes, they also supply the last mile of copper for the multiple OC3 at the corporate office since they control the majority of the infrastruture, the CO, VRADS and SACS in this area.

Have seen then send it to their internal account collection peope but not to external collection agencies that fast, even for my company a 45 day past due account is turned over to the correct section of accounting to make the calls for payment

As far as going elseware - that is your choice, but you might just find that the major carriers all have the same type of rules, some enforce them a lot tighter then what att does.

Message 6 of 7 (610 Views)

[ Edited ]

bigapone wrote:
I just wanted to update some of my equipment and give em more money, but guess it'll have to go elsewhere 

Yes it's frustrating that you can't upgrade, and yes business is great AT&T definitely appreciates it but to be quite honest it seems the whole reason you got into this mess is that you were having problems giving AT&T their money till it got to the point of suspension therefore your eligibility was pushed back.

bigapone wrote:
interesting an employee who doesn't use his own employers phones .....an opinion that hmmm .. ya ....say LOTS about your opinion of AT&T.

That has no relevance to anything we are discussing. Just because I work for AT&T doesn't mean I have to use their products/services. I'm not a slave and AT&T doesn't force me to use their phones. I'm a consumer and have a choice my choice was Verizon, I'm not going to reiterate why... you can search through my forums posts I've explained it numerous times.

Message 7 of 7 (597 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.