Upgrade in 2013??

Tutor

Upgrade in 2013??

I changed from Verizon to AT&T in Nov, 2011. When I changed, I purchased the Samsung Skyrocket, but was unsatisfied with it. I purchased the Samsung i9100 international version off ebay and put the sim card within the skyrocket into the i9100. I returned the original skyrocket to AT&T far within the 30 day limit. I didnt really check my account till now, but when I did, why in the world does it say that my next upgrade eligibility is in 2013 when I never even used the upgrade? My account also shows the original skyrocket as the phone instead of the i9100.
Message 1 of 5
Teacher

Re: Upgrade in 2013??

I'm guessing that they counted the original purchase of the Skyrocket as an upgrade, even though you returned it. Sounds fishy.
Message 2 of 5
Scholar

Did you return the skyrocket to an att authorized retailer or a corporate store? I'd go there and dispute it with a manager.

Message 3 of 5
Tutor

Emailed ATT, got a reply saying it was fixed, but doesnt show on my online account. Hopefully its just the fact that it takes some time till its updated. Changed to ATT after +10 year of being in Verizon due to the increasing cost, but this customer service is starting to disappoint me. Bills charged for an extra 3 lines for the number that came with iphone before I transferred number, 25 dollar on bill that seemed for nothing, problems with transferring number, and now this. Makes me wonder if its worth staying at ATT for a lower cost.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Tutor

Fantastic, now they claim that they cant change it.

Thank you for contacting AT&T about you upgrade date. I apologize for any confusion or frustration this may have caused. My name is XXXXX and I will be happy to assist you with your inquiry. after reviewing our records I see that due to the fact that you had a recent activation I am unable to reset your upgrade date. I have submitted a case to have this issue resolved, you can expect a resolution by 01/13/12 your case number is XXXXX

What an excuse, what recent activation? I purchased a phone for full price and returned the skyrocket. This is ridiculous for customer service. Will definitely leave AT&T once my family contract ends. Id rather pay +80 dollars at Verizon instead of having to deal with this kind of customer service.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support