Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 21, 2012
12:18:00 PM
View profile
Upgrade Question

Hopefully someone can answer my question.  Here's my situation:

I am on a family plan, and about 6 months ago, I used my Dad's upgrade to buy an HTC Titan.  Now I have someone who wants to buy my Titan for more than I paid for it, and my phone number has an upgrade now.  Is it possible to upgrade to say an iPhone 4S using my numbers upgrade now even though I upgraded using my Dad's upgrade around 6 months ago?

Thanks

I am on a family plan, and about 6 months ago, I used my Dad's upgrade to buy an HTC Titan.  Now I have someone who wants to buy my Titan for more than I paid for it, and my phone number has an upgrade now.  Is it possible to upgrade to say an iPhone 4S using my numbers upgrade now even though I upgraded using my Dad's upgrade around 6 months ago?

Thanks

Upgrade Question

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 9:22:25 AM
(0)
Master

njstrickland90 wrote:

Thanks

Each line has it's own contract.  If you upgraded on a different line but use the phone on yours, you would be fine upgrading your line and selling the Titan.  Look into the locking of the HTC unless the buyer is also on ATT?  Can they use it on the network they plan too?  

Now keep in mind that if you dad needs a new phone prior to an upgrade becoming available, he would be paying a much higher price for a new phone.  Weigh all your options but you will be fine.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

njstrickland90 wrote:

Thanks

Each line has it's own contract.  If you upgraded on a different line but use the phone on yours, you would be fine upgrading your line and selling the Titan.  Look into the locking of the HTC unless the buyer is also on ATT?  Can they use it on the network they plan too?  

Now keep in mind that if you dad needs a new phone prior to an upgrade becoming available, he would be paying a much higher price for a new phone.  Weigh all your options but you will be fine.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Upgrade Question

2 of 2 (521 Views)