Upgrade Question PLEASE HELP!!!

Contributor

Upgrade Question PLEASE HELP!!!

Ok so myself, my wife, and my mother are all on a family plan...my mother has an old flip phone and is eligible for an upgrade and does not want to use it and said I could use it if I wanted...I, myself like my phone and don't need to use it but my question here is this...is there a way to get a phone for the upgrade pricing (say the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket), add the data on my mothers line, activate the phone for a few and then cancel the data and have my mother go back to her old flip phone and turn around and sell the Skyrocket to a friend of mine?? In othere words how do i go about this scenario?

Message 1 of 16
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Upgrade Question PLEASE HELP!!!

wingrider01 wrote:

La-La wrote:

I've bought smartphones online from AT&T and then used it on a different line.  Never had issue dropping the data plan from the line that ordered the phone after putting a dumbphone back on that line.  No charge-back of any "instant rebate" or anything. 

Correct, but if it is purchased from a franschise - like wally world, best buy, target, amazon they can have their own requirements and buyer's remorse durations that can conflict with using it on a different number - some of them can be hefty financial penalties, if you don;t get it through ATT make sure that you check the additional requirements of the purchase

Absolutely!  Always read the fine print. 

I was responding specifically to your previous comment that you hadn't bought online from AT&T. 

Probably should have quoted, to avoid any confusion. 

Message 16 of 16
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support