Upgrade Issues

Highlighted
Teacher

Upgrade Issues

I have been and am still going through absurdity with Customer Service over a simple phone update.  I'll try to keep this short.  Currently have a Samsung Focus, Family Talk 850 Voice Plan and PDA Unlimited Data Plan.  All I want to do is upgrade my Focus to a Nokia Lumia 900 (I am eligible).  Here is what I have to do:

1. Drop the PDA Unlimited Plan and select another data plan.

2. Drop my Family Talk 850 Plan ($51.60/month) and select another voice plan.

If I don't select another voice plan, I am not eligible for the $100 Nokia Discount because my FT 850 plan has been "grandfathered".  The closest I can select in price is a Family Talk 700 for $51.59/month.  But, I have to give up my 8000 roll over minutes and start from zero and 150 minutes a month for the same price.

So, in order to get a $100 Nokia Discount I have to lose 8000 roll over minutes, 150 minutes a month and change my data plan.  What a great deal!!!!!!!!!!!  Years ago this same ATT Customer Service told me to NEVER give up my FT 850 Voice Plan because I could never get nearly the same minutes for the price I was paying.

Just venting here, but I have been with ATT Wireless for years before Cingular, I can't even remember how long.  Never had another wireless provider.  I was also an ATT employee for 8 years, so I am a loyal ATT customer.  But this is absurd.

Message 1 of 2 (562 Views)
Master

Re: Upgrade Issues

alle0j wrote:

I have been and am still going through absurdity with Customer Service over a simple phone update.  I'll try to keep this short.  Currently have a Samsung Focus, Family Talk 850 Voice Plan and PDA Unlimited Data Plan.  All I want to do is upgrade my Focus to a Nokia Lumia 900 (I am eligible).  Here is what I have to do:

1. Drop the PDA Unlimited Plan and select another data plan.

2. Drop my Family Talk 850 Plan ($51.60/month) and select another voice plan.

If I don't select another voice plan, I am not eligible for the $100 Nokia Discount because my FT 850 plan has been "grandfathered".  The closest I can select in price is a Family Talk 700 for $51.59/month.  But, I have to give up my 8000 roll over minutes and start from zero and 150 minutes a month for the same price.

So, in order to get a $100 Nokia Discount I have to lose 8000 roll over minutes, 150 minutes a month and change my data plan.  What a great deal!!!!!!!!!!!  Years ago this same ATT Customer Service told me to NEVER give up my FT 850 Voice Plan because I could never get nearly the same minutes for the price I was paying.

Just venting here, but I have been with ATT Wireless for years before Cingular, I can't even remember how long.  Never had another wireless provider.  I was also an ATT employee for 8 years, so I am a loyal ATT customer.  But this is absurd.

As an FYI, when you loose your roll over minutes, you do not start back at zero.  You will have 700 after the plan change.  While the price and value do change for you, you probably won't miss the 150 minutes.....  

Hopefully you gain on some other aspects that will make up for the changes?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 2 (551 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.