Upgrade Fee Helps Avoid the iPhone 4S Temptation - Thank you AT&T

Contributor

Upgrade Fee Helps Avoid the iPhone 4S Temptation - Thank you AT&T

When I saw the keynote and demo of the somewhat underwhelming under the hood improvements for the iPhone 4S, I was reluctantly convinced to get it.  After checking my upgrade status, I found out that AT&T was going to tack on an extra $250 to upgrade or I'd have to wait until Feb 2012.  It was like a slap in the face that awoke me out of the Apple fanboy stupor and I have AT&T to thank for helping me to avoid wasting money on a minor equipment upgrade.   

Message 1 of 5 (1,591 Views)
Expert

Re: Upgrade Fee Helps Avoid the iPhone 4S Temptation - Thank you AT&T

markbyrn wrote:

When I saw the keynote and demo of the somewhat underwhelming under the hood improvements for the iPhone 4S, I was reluctantly convinced to get it.  After checking my upgrade status, I found out that AT&T was going to tack on an extra $250 to upgrade or I'd have to wait until Feb 2012.  It was like a slap in the face that awoke me out of the Apple fanboy stupor and I have AT&T to thank for helping me to avoid wasting money on a minor equipment upgrade.   

on other phones there is no discount + 250.00 availability, you pay full retail for the phone for a non-eligible upgrade

Message 2 of 5 (1,524 Views)
Mentor

oh hold on too busy, I'm on my iPhone 4S Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5 (1,244 Views)
Professor

I'm happy to wait until my upgrade date (November) too. A friend at work is getting the 4S and I'll be able to compare it directly to my 4 and see if it's worth getting or saving my upgrade for the 5.
Message 4 of 5 (1,239 Views)
Former Employee

Smart!

Message 5 of 5 (1,197 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.