Wireless Forums

Posted Oct 5, 2011
10:01:21 AM
View profile
Upgrade Fee Helps Avoid the iPhone 4S Temptation - Thank you AT&T

When I saw the keynote and demo of the somewhat underwhelming under the hood improvements for the iPhone 4S, I was reluctantly convinced to get it.  After checking my upgrade status, I found out that AT&T was going to tack on an extra $250 to upgrade or I'd have to wait until Feb 2012.  It was like a slap in the face that awoke me out of the Apple fanboy stupor and I have AT&T to thank for helping me to avoid wasting money on a minor equipment upgrade.   

When I saw the keynote and demo of the somewhat underwhelming under the hood improvements for the iPhone 4S, I was reluctantly convinced to get it.  After checking my upgrade status, I found out that AT&T was going to tack on an extra $250 to upgrade or I'd have to wait until Feb 2012.  It was like a slap in the face that awoke me out of the Apple fanboy stupor and I have AT&T to thank for helping me to avoid wasting money on a minor equipment upgrade.   

Upgrade Fee Helps Avoid the iPhone 4S Temptation - Thank you AT&T

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 10:53:44 AM
(0)
Expert

markbyrn wrote:

on other phones there is no discount + 250.00 availability, you pay full retail for the phone for a non-eligible upgrade

markbyrn wrote:

on other phones there is no discount + 250.00 availability, you pay full retail for the phone for a non-eligible upgrade

Re: Upgrade Fee Helps Avoid the iPhone 4S Temptation - Thank you AT&T

2 of 5 (1,487 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 4:38:38 PM
(0)
Mentor

oh hold on too busy, I'm on my iPhone 4S :smileywink:

oh hold on too busy, I'm on my iPhone 4S :smileywink:

3 of 5 (1,207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 6:16:35 PM
(0)
Professor
I'm happy to wait until my upgrade date (November) too. A friend at work is getting the 4S and I'll be able to compare it directly to my 4 and see if it's worth getting or saving my upgrade for the 5.
I'm happy to wait until my upgrade date (November) too. A friend at work is getting the 4S and I'll be able to compare it directly to my 4 and see if it's worth getting or saving my upgrade for the 5.

4 of 5 (1,202 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 10:23:50 AM
(0)
Employee

Smart!

Smart!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (1,160 Views)