Upgrade Fee Helps Avoid the iPhone 4S Temptation - Thank you AT&T

Contributor

Upgrade Fee Helps Avoid the iPhone 4S Temptation - Thank you AT&T

When I saw the keynote and demo of the somewhat underwhelming under the hood improvements for the iPhone 4S, I was reluctantly convinced to get it.  After checking my upgrade status, I found out that AT&T was going to tack on an extra $250 to upgrade or I'd have to wait until Feb 2012.  It was like a slap in the face that awoke me out of the Apple fanboy stupor and I have AT&T to thank for helping me to avoid wasting money on a minor equipment upgrade.   

Message 1 of 5
Expert

Re: Upgrade Fee Helps Avoid the iPhone 4S Temptation - Thank you AT&T

markbyrn wrote:

When I saw the keynote and demo of the somewhat underwhelming under the hood improvements for the iPhone 4S, I was reluctantly convinced to get it.  After checking my upgrade status, I found out that AT&T was going to tack on an extra $250 to upgrade or I'd have to wait until Feb 2012.  It was like a slap in the face that awoke me out of the Apple fanboy stupor and I have AT&T to thank for helping me to avoid wasting money on a minor equipment upgrade.   

on other phones there is no discount + 250.00 availability, you pay full retail for the phone for a non-eligible upgrade

Message 2 of 5
Mentor

oh hold on too busy, I'm on my iPhone 4S Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5
Professor

I'm happy to wait until my upgrade date (November) too. A friend at work is getting the 4S and I'll be able to compare it directly to my 4 and see if it's worth getting or saving my upgrade for the 5.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Former Employee

Smart!

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support