Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 6, 2010
8:32:08 PM
Upgrade Eligiblity has changed.

I just logged into my account and to my surprise, I'm now eligible to upgrade to an iPhone. My upgrade date just a few days ago was 7/25/2010.  That's awesome because now I can can sell my 3GS 32G iPhone and buy the new one when it comes out.

I just logged into my account and to my surprise, I'm now eligible to upgrade to an iPhone. My upgrade date just a few days ago was 7/25/2010.  That's awesome because now I can can sell my 3GS 32G iPhone and buy the new one when it comes out.

Upgrade Eligiblity has changed.

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2010 8:44:08 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Cool

Cool

Re: Upgrade Eligiblity has changed.

2 of 14 (1,574 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2010 8:50:00 PM
(0)
Teacher

Elgibility has not changed...or at least has not changed for most people. 

Elgibility has not changed...or at least has not changed for most people. 

3 of 14 (1,564 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2010 9:42:32 PM
(0)
Professor
It changed for me too...
It changed for me too...

4 of 14 (1,525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2010 10:13:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have been Eligible for an Upgrade and Today mine changed from Eligible to NOT ELIGIBLE until 2/20/2011. I am really getting frustrated and ATT better FIX THIS!

I have been Eligible for an Upgrade and Today mine changed from Eligible to NOT ELIGIBLE until 2/20/2011. I am really getting frustrated and ATT better FIX THIS!

5 of 14 (1,506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2010 10:29:08 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by mod.moose on Jun 6, 2010 at 11:35:03 PM

I was on a family plan with 4 phones. I was 8 months from contract end.  We decided to move 2 of the phones to a new account. So my son could start paying his.  At the time my eligible date was 7/10/10. But after moving to new account, transfer financial responsiblity, my date is now 10/10/10. And my contract went to from 3/2011 to 5/25/2012!!! ATT is screwed up man.  First my Edate changes, then my contract changes. I have good credit and no late payments. When the guy switched me to the new account I really couldn't understand him, {keep it courteous}. It took so long on the phone I just agreed to keep from being late to work. But he never told me anything like this would happen.

My phone is old and just doesn't work as well. We tried in the past to swap phones via insurance and EVERY time they are worst than what we had, refurbs.  I've been a good customer, One of my phones is off contract and I'm thinking about taking it to verizon and maybe just paying off the term fee on the other.   My question, I added  fan # service discount from my employer. Would that caused my contract end or eligble date to change?

I was on a family plan with 4 phones. I was 8 months from contract end.  We decided to move 2 of the phones to a new account. So my son could start paying his.  At the time my eligible date was 7/10/10. But after moving to new account, transfer financial responsiblity, my date is now 10/10/10. And my contract went to from 3/2011 to 5/25/2012!!! ATT is screwed up man.  First my Edate changes, then my contract changes. I have good credit and no late payments. When the guy switched me to the new account I really couldn't understand him, {keep it courteous}. It took so long on the phone I just agreed to keep from being late to work. But he never told me anything like this would happen.

My phone is old and just doesn't work as well. We tried in the past to swap phones via insurance and EVERY time they are worst than what we had, refurbs.  I've been a good customer, One of my phones is off contract and I'm thinking about taking it to verizon and maybe just paying off the term fee on the other.   My question, I added  fan # service discount from my employer. Would that caused my contract end or eligble date to change?

[ Edited ]
6 of 14 (1,492 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2010 10:33:48 PM
(0)
Guru

lucky...

lucky...

7 of 14 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2010 7:47:37 AM
(0)
Guru

I have family plan and none of my accounts have been changed.

Line 1: My line, (primary) has been ready, I was waiting for this iPhone to upgrade.

Line 2:  Just upgraded to non-smart phone for step daughter, was eligible, but based on normal AT&T time frame

Line 3: Not eligible until December 2010 and is 18 months into contract.

Line 4: Not eligible until February 2011 and is 16 months into contract.

Line 5: Not eligible until February 2011 and is 16 months into contract.

However, I have talked to people that I work with and they state that their other lines all have been moved up.  Weird.  I spend a lot of money with AT&T (all lines have unlimited texted and unlimited internet and lines 3,4&5 have insurance) and none of my other lines have been moved up.  Oh, well, such has life.

I have family plan and none of my accounts have been changed.

Line 1: My line, (primary) has been ready, I was waiting for this iPhone to upgrade.

Line 2:  Just upgraded to non-smart phone for step daughter, was eligible, but based on normal AT&T time frame

Line 3: Not eligible until December 2010 and is 18 months into contract.

Line 4: Not eligible until February 2011 and is 16 months into contract.

Line 5: Not eligible until February 2011 and is 16 months into contract.

However, I have talked to people that I work with and they state that their other lines all have been moved up.  Weird.  I spend a lot of money with AT&T (all lines have unlimited texted and unlimited internet and lines 3,4&5 have insurance) and none of my other lines have been moved up.  Oh, well, such has life.

8 of 14 (1,373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2010 7:50:42 AM
(0)
Mentor

Did anybody else get the 3GS last year around July and is currently NOT eligible? It'd be sweet if they let us become eligible but as of now I'm on hold till February 20th, 2011. Any others? 

Did anybody else get the 3GS last year around July and is currently NOT eligible? It'd be sweet if they let us become eligible but as of now I'm on hold till February 20th, 2011. Any others? 

9 of 14 (1,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2010 8:00:17 AM
(0)
Guru

Sawdust303 wrote:

I purchased my 3GS in July of last year, but I have 5 lines on a family plan, so AT&T cuts customers like me a break and makes us eligible every year the new iPhone is available.

Sawdust303 wrote:

I purchased my 3GS in July of last year, but I have 5 lines on a family plan, so AT&T cuts customers like me a break and makes us eligible every year the new iPhone is available.

10 of 14 (1,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2010 8:04:19 AM
(0)
Tutor

Mine still says 7/8/10 and I called ATT and they said "Its a glitch"  That is by far the worst excuse that a CSR could give.

Mine still says 7/8/10 and I called ATT and they said "Its a glitch"  That is by far the worst excuse that a CSR could give.

11 of 14 (731 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2010 8:17:42 AM
(0)
Guru

looks like lines that are iPhone lines are only getting the early upgrade date moved.  The 3 lines on mine that have not changed are not iPhones.  So, we will see what happens as we get closer to the release date of the next iPhone.

looks like lines that are iPhone lines are only getting the early upgrade date moved.  The 3 lines on mine that have not changed are not iPhones.  So, we will see what happens as we get closer to the release date of the next iPhone.

12 of 14 (719 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2010 8:34:09 AM
(0)
Guru

Yes, I was checking at Phonearena that many customers are getting their upgrade elegibility dates changed so that they can upgrade to the new iPhone.

If you still want to know remember that you can check it by dialing *639# (*NEW#) from your phone.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Yes, I was checking at Phonearena that many customers are getting their upgrade elegibility dates changed so that they can upgrade to the new iPhone.

If you still want to know remember that you can check it by dialing *639# (*NEW#) from your phone.

13 of 14 (708 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2010 8:39:23 AM
(0)
Mentor

My iPhone 3GS pre-ordered and received on release day, now shows upgrade eligible.  Showed 11/10/2010 two weeks ago and 6/20/2010 a couple days ago.  Thanks ATT.

In 90 minutes Mr J hits the stage.  Wonder how long after that until he pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

My iPhone 3GS pre-ordered and received on release day, now shows upgrade eligible.  Showed 11/10/2010 two weeks ago and 6/20/2010 a couple days ago.  Thanks ATT.

In 90 minutes Mr J hits the stage.  Wonder how long after that until he pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

14 of 14 (701 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments