Upgrade Eligiblity has changed.

Guru

Upgrade Eligiblity has changed.

I just logged into my account and to my surprise, I'm now eligible to upgrade to an iPhone. My upgrade date just a few days ago was 7/25/2010.  That's awesome because now I can can sell my 3GS 32G iPhone and buy the new one when it comes out.

Message 1 of 14 (1,610 Views)
Former Employee

Re: Upgrade Eligiblity has changed.

Cool

Message 2 of 14 (1,592 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Elgibility has not changed...or at least has not changed for most people. 

Message 3 of 14 (1,582 Views)
Professor

It changed for me too...
Message 4 of 14 (1,543 Views)
Contributor

I have been Eligible for an Upgrade and Today mine changed from Eligible to NOT ELIGIBLE until 2/20/2011. I am really getting frustrated and ATT better FIX THIS!

Message 5 of 14 (1,524 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

I was on a family plan with 4 phones. I was 8 months from contract end.  We decided to move 2 of the phones to a new account. So my son could start paying his.  At the time my eligible date was 7/10/10. But after moving to new account, transfer financial responsiblity, my date is now 10/10/10. And my contract went to from 3/2011 to 5/25/2012!!! ATT is screwed up man.  First my Edate changes, then my contract changes. I have good credit and no late payments. When the guy switched me to the new account I really couldn't understand him, {keep it courteous}. It took so long on the phone I just agreed to keep from being late to work. But he never told me anything like this would happen.

My phone is old and just doesn't work as well. We tried in the past to swap phones via insurance and EVERY time they are worst than what we had, refurbs.  I've been a good customer, One of my phones is off contract and I'm thinking about taking it to verizon and maybe just paying off the term fee on the other.   My question, I added  fan # service discount from my employer. Would that caused my contract end or eligble date to change?

Message 6 of 14 (1,510 Views)
Guru

lucky...

Message 7 of 14 (1,507 Views)

I have family plan and none of my accounts have been changed.

Line 1: My line, (primary) has been ready, I was waiting for this iPhone to upgrade.

Line 2:  Just upgraded to non-smart phone for step daughter, was eligible, but based on normal AT&T time frame

Line 3: Not eligible until December 2010 and is 18 months into contract.

Line 4: Not eligible until February 2011 and is 16 months into contract.

Line 5: Not eligible until February 2011 and is 16 months into contract.

However, I have talked to people that I work with and they state that their other lines all have been moved up.  Weird.  I spend a lot of money with AT&T (all lines have unlimited texted and unlimited internet and lines 3,4&5 have insurance) and none of my other lines have been moved up.  Oh, well, such has life.

Message 8 of 14 (1,391 Views)
Mentor

Did anybody else get the 3GS last year around July and is currently NOT eligible? It'd be sweet if they let us become eligible but as of now I'm on hold till February 20th, 2011. Any others? 

Message 9 of 14 (1,384 Views)
Guru

Sawdust303 wrote:

Did anybody else get the 3GS last year around July and is currently NOT eligible? It'd be sweet if they let us become eligible but as of now I'm on hold till February 20th, 2011. Any others? 

I purchased my 3GS in July of last year, but I have 5 lines on a family plan, so AT&T cuts customers like me a break and makes us eligible every year the new iPhone is available.

Message 10 of 14 (1,370 Views)
Tutor

Mine still says 7/8/10 and I called ATT and they said "Its a glitch"  That is by far the worst excuse that a CSR could give.

Message 11 of 14 (749 Views)

looks like lines that are iPhone lines are only getting the early upgrade date moved.  The 3 lines on mine that have not changed are not iPhones.  So, we will see what happens as we get closer to the release date of the next iPhone.

Message 12 of 14 (737 Views)
Guru

Yes, I was checking at Phonearena that many customers are getting their upgrade elegibility dates changed so that they can upgrade to the new iPhone.

If you still want to know remember that you can check it by dialing *639# (*NEW#) from your phone.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 13 of 14 (726 Views)
Mentor

My iPhone 3GS pre-ordered and received on release day, now shows upgrade eligible.  Showed 11/10/2010 two weeks ago and 6/20/2010 a couple days ago.  Thanks ATT.

In 90 minutes Mr J hits the stage.  Wonder how long after that until he pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

Message 14 of 14 (719 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.