Helpful Links

Upgrade Dell Streak to Android 2.2

Contributor

Upgrade Dell Streak to Android 2.2

I just bought a Dell Streak from Best Buy and am using ATT&T as the carrier. I am currently on Android v1.6 and cannot seem to upgrade to 2.2. I tried the "check for updates" button but it says no updates are available. I am not getting any update notifacations either. I know that 2.2 (Froyo) was released for the Streak, so how do I get it?

Message 1 of 42
Mentor

Re: Upgrade Dell Streak to Android 2.2

Do a search on any of the Android webites. It should be there. Google is your friend. Can't believe they're still selling the Streak with 1.6! Let us know how you do.
Message 2 of 42
Professor

Hey Somaj, I just got a Dell Streak too just about two weeks ago off amazon. It was shipped with 1.6 and I toyed with it before updating so to be able to compare after the update. Saw your post over on Dell.com. Check xda-dev forms too or hit Google like LoudThud suggested.

I went to my settings then checked for updates and was able to do so successfully. Ask Best buy about it too. Your phone should be tagged to rrceive the update.

Message 3 of 42
Professor

What Should I Do if I Have Problems with the Update? For US customers, call the Dell Mobility Queue at 1-800-308-3355, select Technical Support from the menu and enter your Mobile Device Express Service Code. In the UK, call 0844 444 3244. In France, appelez le 09 69 39 00 31. In Germany, telefon 069 979 2 3840.
Message 4 of 42
Contributor

I got my Streak 2 weeks ago from Best Buy and was able to update to 2.2 right away. You should check with Best Buy for the problem.

Message 5 of 42
Professor

ckchanod wrote:

I got my Streak 2 weeks ago from Best Buy and was able to update to 2.2 right away. You should check with Best Buy for the problem.

Yes, I had absolutely no problems updating mine either , got it from Dell (via amazon)..   Ckchanod, how you like your tab/phone so far?  nice isnt it? no att bloatware at all on mine.  Check out androidforums.com and mydellmini.com and xda-developers forums in the dell section for tons of new stuff , announcements and suggestions, etc. since this forum doesnt have much android action.

also, we're trying to see if we can pool some android users to this discussion (as long as its open):

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Community-Discussion/bd-p/Android

Message 6 of 42
Contributor

I have the exact same problem.  I just realized that I remember seeing a new sim in the box.  They used the one from my Samsung Impression, which is a couple of years old.  Is there any chance that this is the source of the problem?

Message 7 of 42
Professor

Not sure, but if you still have the sim, call att and walk them through your issue and let them know you have a new sim that came with the phone and can you go ahead and activate it while the rep is on the phone. If anything, you herve
Message 8 of 42
Professor

Lol my typing. If anything, you will have a new sim. Then go from ther with having att get u your update pushed to your tab/phone
Message 9 of 42
Tutor

I am having the exact same problem. I bought my first streak from Best Buy over 2 weeks ago and was able to update it immediately. I began to have problems with the screen not working, so I took it back and got a replacement three days ago, and haven't been able to update the new one. I can tell you the problem isn't the sim, because the sim in my first phone that I was able to update was the same one I've had for over 2 years. It seems to just be a problem with phones bought from Best Buy in the last few days.

Message 10 of 42
Professor

I agree it isnt the sim. Just stating if he wants to activate the one that came in the box, now is good time as any to do so while having customer service on the line.

Love to hear what resolved both your cases. Please post as soon as youget the update.

What were some of the major issues you had again, the screen stopped responding altogether? That wasnt good.
Message 11 of 42
Tutor

The screen would work perfectly most of the time, and for no aparent reason it would just stop working. Anyway, anyone come up with a solution? Still not able to update it my phone.
Message 12 of 42
Professor

Were you able to use the 2.2 update link found'n in the Dell Streak (android) discussion in this forum? Or did you already update to 2.2 and your nonresponse issue began after the update?
Message 13 of 42
Professor

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1006601

Look at the link at the bottom of the page of this link and see if u can download 2.2 direct from dell
Message 14 of 42
Tutor

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dell_Streak#Official

Go to this link on your streak and click 340 on the left side of the table.

^_^

Message 15 of 42
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support