Upgrade Date Changed

Contributor

Upgrade Date Changed

I'm hoping someone here can help me - I've had no luck whatsoever with anyone over the phones.  When the iPhone 4S was released, I called ATT to inquire about our seemingly odd upgrade dates.  My line was set for December 7th of 2011 and my Wife's was set for November 18th.  We were both hoping to upgrade our phones at that time.  The agent we spoke with on the phone offered to upgrade our text messaging plan to free unlimited for the trouble and we agreed to upgrade our phones when our respective upgrade dates arrived.  Flash forward to today, as I attempted to purchase our new iPhone 4s models.  Surprise!  My eligibility date has now been changed to January 7th and my wife's has been moved to MAY 25th, 2012.  Upon calling AT&T to try and figure out just what happened, we've been told now that when we accepted the free text messaging option, it changed our eligibility dates because we "changed our plan."

I've been more than patient with AT&T over the past three years - we've had horriffic service issues in and around our home, we've had so many billing errors that we've had a hard time keeping track and we've endured countless phone conversations with AT&T to fruitlessly try to rectify these problems.  Now, we finally get someone on the phone who throws us a bone, and it completely screws up our upgrade eligibility?  No one we spoke to today was willing to rectify the problem.  If we can't get this solved, we are moving our sevices to another carrier.  Please help!

Message 1 of 9
Tutor

Re: Upgrade Date Changed

just a question do you have unlimited data plan ????
how much data do you use per month ???

Message 2 of 9
Former Community Manager

I've responded to your private message regarding this issue. Please take a moment to reply with the additional information we need. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 9
Contributor

I had the exact same scenario happen to me.  For many months I had been keeping track of an upgrade date for 1 of my FIVE lines, and just as I got to that date November 24 2011 , AT&T extended my ugrade date SIX MONTHS to April 24 2012.  Now that I see your posting I realize it must have been due to a courtesy offer by the "resolution" team offering me free text plan as a customer retention effort, when I called to complain about some serious issues.  I've had such a horrible nightmare with lemon phones, at&t randomly expiring voicemail feature on 3 different lines, and so much more than I could write a horror novel about my experiences.  Adding 6 months to my upgrade date just when I finally became eligible is the last straw.  I feel that there may be many more people that this is happening to, and I will be looking at social media channels to discuss this in a public forum while I shop for a new carrier.

Message 4 of 9
Former Community Manager

If you'll please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you; I'll have someone give you a call to review your account and eligibility. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 9
Contributor

When the new I phone 4 S came out I went to the ATT website and my date was Feb 8th  2021 to get the new iPhone.  I have an iPhone 4 G.  I just went to check again as it is only 2 months away to get the new iphone for s and see they changed my eligibility  date to Sept 2012.  This is unacceptable and dishonest. What is going on with ATT to pull this on long time customers?

We are going on our 3 rd term of 2 year plans and have tolerated, bad reception,     slow data speeds just to havet the iphones.  If we can't have the new iphones why should we stay with ATT at all?  

I want to know how to make them honor the date they gave us of Februray 8th  for us to buy the new iPhone 4S. Or we will go somewhere else with  a new iphone

Message 6 of 9

Feb 8th 2021 is a long way away! Smiley Wink  J/K...if your upgrade dates changed then it sounds like you must have changed something within your plan? Did you add or drop anything? ANY changes on your account can trigger an update change. Our second line was in line for an early upgrade Feb 2012 (18 months into current 24 month contract) but it got retriggered to 20 months because I dropped our family plan down from an old 1100 plan to a newer 700 minute plan. AT&T doesn't have to give you an early upgrade before 24 months. However they usually will sometime between 18 and 20 months depending on the cost of the line. It all depends on how much you pay for each line. Hence, the main line will usually be eligible for an early upgrade sooner than any additional lines. I would imagine it is that way for other carriers, too.

legacyfarm wrote:

When the new I phone 4 S came out I went to the ATT website and my date was Feb 8th  2021 to get the new iPhone.  I have an iPhone 4 G.  I just went to check again as it is only 2 months away to get the new iphone for s and see they changed my eligibility  date to Sept 2012.  This is unacceptable and dishonest. What is going on with ATT to pull this on long time customers?

We are going on our 3 rd term of 2 year plans and have tolerated, bad reception,     slow data speeds just to havet the iphones.  If we can't have the new iphones why should we stay with ATT at all?  

I want to know how to make them honor the date they gave us of Februray 8th  for us to buy the new iPhone 4S. Or we will go somewhere else with  a new iphone

Message 7 of 9
Former Community Manager
Moved:

Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Moved:

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support