Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 11, 2011
11:01:20 AM
View profile
Updating billing credit card

I'm trying to update my credit card info, to a new card.  When I try the option of entering a different card as a payment, I get a message saying that the Option is Unavailable at this time, try again later.

This has been the case for about 3 months now, I'm tired of having to go down to the ATT store just to pay my bill every month.

I'm trying to update my credit card info, to a new card.  When I try the option of entering a different card as a payment, I get a message saying that the Option is Unavailable at this time, try again later.

This has been the case for about 3 months now, I'm tired of having to go down to the ATT store just to pay my bill every month.

Updating billing credit card

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2011 5:23:43 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by insanesugarpain on Apr 11, 2011 at 5:24:55 PM
I would call customer care to see if they can waive the processing fee as a one time courtesy and process your payment using the new card. The payment system usually saves your last method of payment. If not, you can set a payment arrangement for when the website is working and you can update the information. I left some information below in regards to payment arrangements.

What if I can't pay my bill on time?
Answer: Your payment is due on or before the date specified on your bill. If you can’t pay your bill on time, contact the AT&T Receivables Management Department at 1-800-947-5096 to make payment arrangements and avoid service suspension. You are eligible to make Payment Arrangements if:
•You have been an AT&T wireless customer for at least 6 months
•Your service has not been suspended or canceled for non-payment in the past 6 months
•You have not broken payment arrangement in the past 3 months
•You have not had more than two payments dishonored for non-sufficient funds (NSF) in the past 6 months
•Your account is not in Canceled or Bankruptcy status

Note: If you call 1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless phone to make a payment, you may be charged a processing fee.
I would call customer care to see if they can waive the processing fee as a one time courtesy and process your payment using the new card. The payment system usually saves your last method of payment. If not, you can set a payment arrangement for when the website is working and you can update the information. I left some information below in regards to payment arrangements.

What if I can't pay my bill on time?
Answer: Your payment is due on or before the date specified on your bill. If you can’t pay your bill on time, contact the AT&T Receivables Management Department at 1-800-947-5096 to make payment arrangements and avoid service suspension. You are eligible to make Payment Arrangements if:
•You have been an AT&T wireless customer for at least 6 months
•Your service has not been suspended or canceled for non-payment in the past 6 months
•You have not broken payment arrangement in the past 3 months
•You have not had more than two payments dishonored for non-sufficient funds (NSF) in the past 6 months
•Your account is not in Canceled or Bankruptcy status

Note: If you call 1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless phone to make a payment, you may be charged a processing fee.

Re: Updating billing credit card

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (1,395 Views)