Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 24, 2012
1:26:44 PM
View profile
Unwanted calls

I've been getting unwanted cell calls, sometimes every two hours.  Does anybody know how to block a call from a cell phone?  i am desperate!  These calls are driving me crazy.

I've been getting unwanted cell calls, sometimes every two hours.  Does anybody know how to block a call from a cell phone?  i am desperate!  These calls are driving me crazy.

Unwanted calls

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2012 5:53:56 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by BrokenWench on Apr 25, 2012 at 5:56:35 PM

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

You can try this site  ^^^^^^...

The info under the More Information menu says a mobile number can be listed.

Also,  check your phone's options to see if it offers a "Reject" list...

B.W.

B.W.

3.14159265 are round; cornbread r²

Re: Unwanted calls

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (1,151 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 3:12:25 AM
(0)
Expert

BrokenWench wrote:

B.W.

be aware that the do not call list is not 100 percent, if you have had a business relationship with the caller it does not take affect, if it is a creditor, it does not take affect. Read the terms and restrictions closely to understand them

BrokenWench wrote:

B.W.

be aware that the do not call list is not 100 percent, if you have had a business relationship with the caller it does not take affect, if it is a creditor, it does not take affect. Read the terms and restrictions closely to understand them

3 of 5 (1,135 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2012 2:53:15 PM
(0)
Scholar

yes,  you're right if  it is a business.   I kept getting those calls about the windshield of my vehicle being damaged or somemthing about the claim I filed to repair it... My windshield was fine. 

In either case,  with each call that came in,  I noted the  number,  added it to my phone's addie book and sent it to the Reject List after that.

As far as creditors,  I can't comment since I've no experience with them.

yes,  you're right if  it is a business.   I kept getting those calls about the windshield of my vehicle being damaged or somemthing about the claim I filed to repair it... My windshield was fine. 

In either case,  with each call that came in,  I noted the  number,  added it to my phone's addie book and sent it to the Reject List after that.

As far as creditors,  I can't comment since I've no experience with them.

3.14159265 are round; cornbread r²

4 of 5 (1,092 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2012 2:15:20 AM
(0)
Mentor
Hey there edna, sorry to hear about the unwanted phone calls your encountering with us! Now are you getting calls from telemarketers or just random partys? If it is a telemarketer, then you will need to unsubscribe from their calling list.

Apologies, but you can't block telemarketers, however, you can block regular partys that are harassing you with smart limits.

Thank you!
Hey there edna, sorry to hear about the unwanted phone calls your encountering with us! Now are you getting calls from telemarketers or just random partys? If it is a telemarketer, then you will need to unsubscribe from their calling list.

Apologies, but you can't block telemarketers, however, you can block regular partys that are harassing you with smart limits.

Thank you!

5 of 5 (1,067 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments