Posted Mar 5, 2012
8:26:58 AM
View profile
Unlocking of a new phone(Bold 9900).

Hola,

First, I have not purchased the phone yet.

I tried to find an conclusive answer through here, by calling in but have not.. I understand there are 3rd party companies that can provide me the unlock code for the Bold 9900 and well many other phones for that matter, but I'd rather keep my warranty intact. 

So - Does AT&T provide the unlock code for the Bold 9900 if it is under contract? I currently have the bold 9700, which was unlocked by AT&T and at the time it was under contract. The policy may have changed, but I need to have my options in the proper order before deciding between the Bold or another phone... If someone has recently had the code sent to them with minimal hassle, ok that's open to interpretation, please let me know.

I have a corporate phone, with the same number for the past 8+ years thru AT&T if that makes any difference? Thanks for your replies.

-R

Hola,

First, I have not purchased the phone yet.

I tried to find an conclusive answer through here, by calling in but have not.. I understand there are 3rd party companies that can provide me the unlock code for the Bold 9900 and well many other phones for that matter, but I'd rather keep my warranty intact. 

So - Does AT&T provide the unlock code for the Bold 9900 if it is under contract? I currently have the bold 9700, which was unlocked by AT&T and at the time it was under contract. The policy may have changed, but I need to have my options in the proper order before deciding between the Bold or another phone... If someone has recently had the code sent to them with minimal hassle, ok that's open to interpretation, please let me know.

I have a corporate phone, with the same number for the past 8+ years thru AT&T if that makes any difference? Thanks for your replies.

-R

Unlocking of a new phone(Bold 9900).

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2012 11:03:24 AM
(0)

In efforts to avoid board clutter and confusion, we ask that you please refrain from cross and double posting. Please check here for responses to your inquiry. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

In efforts to avoid board clutter and confusion, we ask that you please refrain from cross and double posting. Please check here for responses to your inquiry. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Re: Unlocking of a new phone(Bold 9900).

2 of 2 (1,218 Views)