Unlocking AT&T Phone for non AT&T customer

Contributor

Unlocking AT&T Phone for non AT&T customer

Hello, I've recently purchased an HTC Aria for AT&T from ebay. I want to know if it is possbile for AT&T customer service to have it unlocked for me.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6 (1,141 Views)

Re: Unlocking AT&T Phone for non AT&T customer

call customer service and ask them if its eligible to be unlocked. 1-800-331-0500

Message 2 of 6 (1,134 Views)
Master

Yep. Customer service should be unable to unlock your new Aria for you.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 6 (1,117 Views)
Contributor

Ok. Thanks guys. I just wanted to know my chances before calling AT&T. About the phone, it's used on ebay so I'm not sure of the life on it.

Message 4 of 6 (1,112 Views)
Master

Should be fine and last a while.

You're welcome.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 6 (1,109 Views)
Professor

AT&T is not obligated to supply the SIM unlock code for non-customers.  Their policy says you are supposed to be a customer for a minimum of 90 days.  They are also do not typically supply the code for "exclusive" phones until a period of 10 months after the phone's release, but that period has already lapsed (phone was released June 2010).

Other on here that ARE customers have had some trouble getting the code for the Aria, so I kind of doubt they will give it to you.   But I suppose it doesn't hurt to call and ask.  Sweet talk them and use your charm skills, and maybe you'll luck out.

One alternative is to just buy the code from an online vendor.  Just search on eBay for "aria unlock code" and you will get plenty of results around $10.  Just  pick a seller that has a good rating.

Message 6 of 6 (1,093 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.