Unlocked phones with GoPhone plans

Unlocked phones with GoPhone plans

Can I buy an unlocked Samsung Infuse and use it with my GoPhone plans, and be able to have full function of the phone?

Message 1 of 7 (6,737 Views)
Scholar

Re: Unlocked phones with GoPhone plans

Kourtnii15 wrote:

Can I buy an unlocked Samsung Infuse and use it with my GoPhone plans, and be able to have full function of the phone?

Define full function. If that includes being able to use 3G cellular data, then only on select GoPhone plans ($25/mo or $50/mo) and you still need to add a data package ($5/50MB, $15/200MB, $25/1GB).

If you don't need 3G data and can get by with wi-fi, then yes, any GoPhone plan will do.

Message 2 of 7 (6,675 Views)

I've used an Infuse with GoPhone since November.  Just bought one for my wife, too.  Everything works.  If it's AT&T branded, you don't even need to unlock it.

Since AT&T did away with data for 10 cent/min customers, I'll be switching to H2O Wireless (I have my SIM card; just waiting to use up my existing minutes/data).  The Infuse should also work with them, too.

Message 3 of 7 (6,667 Views)

Where did you get your Samsung Infuse?

Message 4 of 7 (6,647 Views)
Highlighted

Full function- works as if I was using it with a contract. I want to be able to use a data plan. So will it work?

Message 5 of 7 (6,642 Views)
Scholar

It'll work but you'll have to pay for the privilege if you stick to AT&T. With GoPhone, the minimum if you want data on a smartphone is $30/month ($25 for 250 minutes + unlimited text, $5 for 50MB data). If you will actually make use of the minutes, it's an okay deal. If not, you're probably better off looking for alternatives.
Message 6 of 7 (6,636 Views)
Professor

The wireless coverage for contract phones is greater than the coverage for prepaid phones.

Message 7 of 7 (6,625 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.