Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Apr 25, 2012
2:49:53 PM
Unlocked phones with GoPhone plans

Can I buy an unlocked Samsung Infuse and use it with my GoPhone plans, and be able to have full function of the phone?

Can I buy an unlocked Samsung Infuse and use it with my GoPhone plans, and be able to have full function of the phone?

Unlocked phones with GoPhone plans

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 11:25:14 AM
(0)
Scholar

Kourtnii15 wrote:

Define full function. If that includes being able to use 3G cellular data, then only on select GoPhone plans ($25/mo or $50/mo) and you still need to add a data package ($5/50MB, $15/200MB, $25/1GB).

If you don't need 3G data and can get by with wi-fi, then yes, any GoPhone plan will do.

Kourtnii15 wrote:

Define full function. If that includes being able to use 3G cellular data, then only on select GoPhone plans ($25/mo or $50/mo) and you still need to add a data package ($5/50MB, $15/200MB, $25/1GB).

If you don't need 3G data and can get by with wi-fi, then yes, any GoPhone plan will do.

Re: Unlocked phones with GoPhone plans

2 of 7 (6,625 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 12:07:25 PM
(0)
Tutor

I've used an Infuse with GoPhone since November.  Just bought one for my wife, too.  Everything works.  If it's AT&T branded, you don't even need to unlock it.

Since AT&T did away with data for 10 cent/min customers, I'll be switching to H2O Wireless (I have my SIM card; just waiting to use up my existing minutes/data).  The Infuse should also work with them, too.

I've used an Infuse with GoPhone since November.  Just bought one for my wife, too.  Everything works.  If it's AT&T branded, you don't even need to unlock it.

Since AT&T did away with data for 10 cent/min customers, I'll be switching to H2O Wireless (I have my SIM card; just waiting to use up my existing minutes/data).  The Infuse should also work with them, too.

3 of 7 (6,617 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 4:06:41 PM
(0)
Tutor

Where did you get your Samsung Infuse?

Where did you get your Samsung Infuse?

4 of 7 (6,597 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 4:22:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

Full function- works as if I was using it with a contract. I want to be able to use a data plan. So will it work?

Full function- works as if I was using it with a contract. I want to be able to use a data plan. So will it work?

5 of 7 (6,592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 5:19:40 PM
(0)
Scholar
It'll work but you'll have to pay for the privilege if you stick to AT&T. With GoPhone, the minimum if you want data on a smartphone is $30/month ($25 for 250 minutes + unlimited text, $5 for 50MB data). If you will actually make use of the minutes, it's an okay deal. If not, you're probably better off looking for alternatives.
It'll work but you'll have to pay for the privilege if you stick to AT&T. With GoPhone, the minimum if you want data on a smartphone is $30/month ($25 for 250 minutes + unlimited text, $5 for 50MB data). If you will actually make use of the minutes, it's an okay deal. If not, you're probably better off looking for alternatives.

6 of 7 (6,586 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 8:30:14 PM
(0)
Professor
The wireless coverage for contract phones is greater than the coverage for prepaid phones.

The wireless coverage for contract phones is greater than the coverage for prepaid phones.

7 of 7 (6,575 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments