Unlocked iPhone

Contributor

Unlocked iPhone

Does anyone know if I can use an unlocked iPhone from another carrier on the AT&T network?

Message 1 of 11 (578 Views)
Professor

Re: Unlocked iPhone

Apple sells unlocked Iphones for 649$

Message 2 of 11 (573 Views)
Professor

graphite07 wrote:

It doesn't sound like he's asking about buying an unlocked phone, or unlocking a locked phone.  It sounds like he already has an unlocked phone and is asking about using it on AT&T's network.

Message 3 of 11 (569 Views)
Professor

dwill05 wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

It doesn't sound like he's asking about buying an unlocked phone, or unlocking a locked phone.  It sounds like he already has an unlocked phone and is asking about using it on AT&T's network.

yea your right.i misread it lol.....

Message 4 of 11 (565 Views)
Contributor

Yes, thank you that is what I'm asking, I already have an unlocked phone

Message 5 of 11 (553 Views)
Master

sandmarc wrote:

Yes you can use your unlocked iPhone on ATT's network.  You do not need to sign a contract for service since you have a phone but you do have to have a data plan.

Enjoy!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 6 of 11 (551 Views)
Expert

youngjm wrote:

sandmarc wrote:

Yes you can use your unlocked iPhone on ATT's network.  You do not need to sign a contract for service since you have a phone but you do have to have a data plan.

Enjoy!

belive another caveat would be - as long as it is not Sprint or Verizon

Message 7 of 11 (540 Views)
Scholar

Yep you can use any sim in there from AT&T
Plus u can use the iPhone abroad to say with European
Networks and ones within the UK !
Message 8 of 11 (470 Views)
ACE - Professor

sandmarc wrote:

Does anyone know if I can use an unlocked iPhone from another carrier on the AT&T network?

Yep, on a month to month plan with data ($15 or $25 data plan, pls minutes, pls txt if you want it) not on a Go Phone sim (not supported) for a SIM-unlocked iPhone works just fine.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 11 (434 Views)
Guru

johninsj wrote:

sandmarc wrote:

Yep, on a month to month plan with data ($15 or $25 data plan, pls minutes, pls txt if you want it) not on a Go Phone sim (not supported) for a SIM-unlocked iPhone works just fine.

I'm not aware of a (voice) plan--whether month-to-month or 2-year--that doesn't include minutes (or unlimited), so not sure why you essentially repeated yourself with the "pls minutes" part in your reply.  And yes, I'm just nitpicking... Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 11 (378 Views)
ACE - Professor

The "pls minutes" refers to the COST... whatever the minute plan you choose costs, plus $15/$25 for data, pls txt cost...

Sorry, thought that was clear.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 11 (180 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.