Unlocked iPhone and Rate Plans

Contributor

Unlocked iPhone and Rate Plans

I am Japanese.

I am going to stay in Hawaii for a year.

If I buy unlocked iPhone in America, can I get AT&T sim card for iPhone?

And, which plans can I choose?

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
Mentor

Re: Unlocked iPhone and Rate Plans

Only purchase the iPhone directly from Apple, if purchased from AT&T it WILL BE LOCKED.

Same rates/plans apply regardless of locked or unlocked.

Voice and data service are required.

iPhones are not authorized for use on pre-paid plans.

If the iPhone is unlocked, there is no requirement for a 2yr contract with AT&T, but depending on credit history, you may be required to place a deposit before getting service.  Deposit could be as much as $500.

Minimum voice service is $39.99/month.

Minimum data plan is $15/month for 200mb.

Message 2 of 6
Professor

as of right now APPLE is not selling unlocked iphones. this is coming in november but there is not a set date.

you will have to keep checking with apple to see when they post the release date.and i believe the rate plans will be the same as your on a contract, but i might be wrong for this.

Message 3 of 6

After you go to the Apple store to buy your "Factory" unlocked Iphone, you can then go to an AT&t Corp store and do a "SIM only" activation and set up your account on a month to month basis. No 2 year contract required.

Message 4 of 6
Expert

graphite07 wrote:

as of right now APPLE is not selling unlocked iphones. this is coming in november but there is not a set date.

you will have to keep checking with apple to see when they post the release date.and i believe the rate plans will be the same as your on a contract, but i might be wrong for this.

Doenst that only apply to the Iphone 4S? I thought the older ones where already avaialble factory unlocked at full retail from Apple

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks, everyone!

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support