Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 16, 2010
12:12:23 PM
View profile
Unlocked Verizon to AT&T. I can't seem to set up my email?
Edited by jack58 on Nov 16, 2010 at 12:13:57 PM

Last weekend, I got a unlocked Verizon BlackBerry 9530 Storm to use with AT&T.

I can take, make calls, send text messages, but that is it. No internet or emails?

I can't seem to set up my email? What am I doing wrong.

The manual says to click the Setup Wizard icon on the phone and when I do, the only option I see on the screen is:
. I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server.

Then I tried the Blackberry Desktop Software to get it to work:
On the Enterprise Email tab, it says:
! Enterprise email services are currently unavailable
Your administrator has not added your mailbox to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

Isn't there suppose to be another option so I can use either "Outlook" or Gmail?

I'm on the AT&T BB data plan too.

Last weekend, I got a unlocked Verizon BlackBerry 9530 Storm to use with AT&T.

I can take, make calls, send text messages, but that is it. No internet or emails?

I can't seem to set up my email? What am I doing wrong.

The manual says to click the Setup Wizard icon on the phone and when I do, the only option I see on the screen is:
. I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server.

Then I tried the Blackberry Desktop Software to get it to work:
On the Enterprise Email tab, it says:
! Enterprise email services are currently unavailable
Your administrator has not added your mailbox to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

Isn't there suppose to be another option so I can use either "Outlook" or Gmail?

I'm on the AT&T BB data plan too.

Unlocked Verizon to AT&T. I can't seem to set up my email?

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2010 1:47:02 PM
(0)
Professor

I'm no BB expert, but it sounds like your having issues with the email config. Maybe even on the BB side. You should try to talk with ATT BB support.

I'm no BB expert, but it sounds like your having issues with the email config. Maybe even on the BB side. You should try to talk with ATT BB support.

Re: Unlocked Verizon to AT&T. I can't seem to set up my email?

2 of 5 (3,478 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2010 4:36:34 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by jack58 on Nov 16, 2010 at 4:38:20 PM

UNSC_REACH wrote:

Already did and they said there is nothing they can do as it is a Verizon phone.

My wife even called the AT&T support and they said the same thing.

I think they just don't want to bother with it as I didn't get the phone from AT&T.

I know people have done this... just trying to find a solution.

I wish I hadn't paid $125 for this phone now.

UNSC_REACH wrote:

Already did and they said there is nothing they can do as it is a Verizon phone.

My wife even called the AT&T support and they said the same thing.

I think they just don't want to bother with it as I didn't get the phone from AT&T.

I know people have done this... just trying to find a solution.

I wish I hadn't paid $125 for this phone now.

[ Edited ]
3 of 5 (3,468 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2010 7:09:47 PM
(0)
Guru

AT&T can't support it and may not be able to help get it work because it's not an AT&T device.  That doesn't mean you can't get it to work.  I don't know how helpful I'll be, but I can point to a couple of things to try.

There are some device tutorials on this site, and they may possibly be useful here.  Move your mouse over "support" in the orange bar at the top of this page and click on "Phone/Device."  You should be asked to choose a device.  Of course, you can't choose your actual phone, but Blackberry phones with the same software version should be very similar.  Choose the Bold 9700 if you have 5.0, or choose the Torch 9800 if you have 6.0.  Then click "Go to learning center" to access the tutorials.

It sounds like there are issues with both the data connectivity and the email setup.  I'd tackle the data first, since it's a prerequisite for email.

The most relevant tutorial for this is Internet -> Access Media Net.  At the bottom of the page are some troubleshooting steps.  Included in those steps are some ways to make sure the phone has the correct service books, and I'd recommend fully following those.  If the phone has conflicting non-AT&T service books for internet/browser/WAP, you might also try deleting those.

If you do get internet access working but are still unable to set up email, you might try following this email setup article.  You can also look here to have the email service books re-sent to the phone.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

AT&T can't support it and may not be able to help get it work because it's not an AT&T device.  That doesn't mean you can't get it to work.  I don't know how helpful I'll be, but I can point to a couple of things to try.

There are some device tutorials on this site, and they may possibly be useful here.  Move your mouse over "support" in the orange bar at the top of this page and click on "Phone/Device."  You should be asked to choose a device.  Of course, you can't choose your actual phone, but Blackberry phones with the same software version should be very similar.  Choose the Bold 9700 if you have 5.0, or choose the Torch 9800 if you have 6.0.  Then click "Go to learning center" to access the tutorials.

It sounds like there are issues with both the data connectivity and the email setup.  I'd tackle the data first, since it's a prerequisite for email.

The most relevant tutorial for this is Internet -> Access Media Net.  At the bottom of the page are some troubleshooting steps.  Included in those steps are some ways to make sure the phone has the correct service books, and I'd recommend fully following those.  If the phone has conflicting non-AT&T service books for internet/browser/WAP, you might also try deleting those.

If you do get internet access working but are still unable to set up email, you might try following this email setup article.  You can also look here to have the email service books re-sent to the phone.

4 of 5 (3,460 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2010 4:37:58 AM
(0)
Employee
ATT isn't lying we just don't have the information you need to set it up most of the time especially with blackberry phones
ATT isn't lying we just don't have the information you need to set it up most of the time especially with blackberry phones
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (3,318 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments