Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 11, 2012
12:51:24 PM
View profile
Unlocked Phone
Edited by brainysmrfs on Apr 11, 2012 at 12:52:13 PM

I'm thinking of purchasing a new, unlocked Sidekick and I was wondering if it will work with my current SIM card on the AT&T network? If so, is there anything other than installing the card that I need to do?

I'm thinking of purchasing a new, unlocked Sidekick and I was wondering if it will work with my current SIM card on the AT&T network? If so, is there anything other than installing the card that I need to do?

Unlocked Phone

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 3:01:38 PM
(0)
Master

brainysmrfs wrote:

Assuming the unlocked phone supports all the right bands, you should be fine for voice.  You may need to adjust the data settings to recognize the ATT data network.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

brainysmrfs wrote:

Assuming the unlocked phone supports all the right bands, you should be fine for voice.  You may need to adjust the data settings to recognize the ATT data network.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Unlocked Phone

2 of 3 (530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2012 12:49:35 AM
(0)
Employee
if it is the old Sidekick (before Android) data will NEVER work, actually they don't even work on t-mobile anymore if i recall correctly as it had to sync with Danger's servers which aren't around anymore

no one has been able to get it to work with AT&T in the past
if it is the old Sidekick (before Android) data will NEVER work, actually they don't even work on t-mobile anymore if i recall correctly as it had to sync with Danger's servers which aren't around anymore

no one has been able to get it to work with AT&T in the past
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Unlocked Phone

3 of 3 (516 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments