Posted Jun 16, 2011
2:47:24 PM
View profile
Unlocked LG GD580 - no network

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what's wrong.

My husband bought me a LG GD580 (aka "lollipop") from ebay maybe 3,4 months ago, or so? 

It had a lot of bars and was working great and then suddenly it couldn't find at&t anymore. It just said "no network" (as if at&t didn't exist anymore) and it's been like that ever since (It can, however, find t-mobile whenever i do a manual network search).

I put my SIM in an old phone and it worked fine (so I'm using that for now).

I'm thinking it MIGHT be the phone, but I just wanted to see if anyone here had any ideas on what to do.

Is there a possibility that it got locked? maybe?

Or ...... am I just going to have to call at&t or give up on this phone?

thanks. 

-m

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what's wrong.

My husband bought me a LG GD580 (aka "lollipop") from ebay maybe 3,4 months ago, or so? 

It had a lot of bars and was working great and then suddenly it couldn't find at&t anymore. It just said "no network" (as if at&t didn't exist anymore) and it's been like that ever since (It can, however, find t-mobile whenever i do a manual network search).

I put my SIM in an old phone and it worked fine (so I'm using that for now).

I'm thinking it MIGHT be the phone, but I just wanted to see if anyone here had any ideas on what to do.

Is there a possibility that it got locked? maybe?

Or ...... am I just going to have to call at&t or give up on this phone?

thanks. 

-m

Unlocked LG GD580 - no network

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 3:47:21 AM
(0)
Tutor
DId he buy the phone from overseas? If so these are the kind of issues that will arise. I am in the process of trying to get my LG P970 (unlocked phone) to work properly here in the US. If I find out anything, I will pass it on to you.
DId he buy the phone from overseas? If so these are the kind of issues that will arise. I am in the process of trying to get my LG P970 (unlocked phone) to work properly here in the US. If I find out anything, I will pass it on to you.

Re: Unlocked LG GD580 - no network

2 of 2 (338 Views)