Unlocked Iphone4S

Contributor

Unlocked Iphone4S

Hi, I've been thinking lately of buying an unlocked Iphone from Apple since I don't really like to be on contract with any kind of service. Could anyone tell me the process I'd have to do after purchasing the phone, like am I able to go to AT&T and they completely do the activation and everything for me? Also, does anyone have any problems with prepaid service with AT&T, and how much does it usually cost a month for unlimited everything?

Thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 3 (492 Views)
Expert

Re: Unlocked Iphone4S

avalynne wrote:

Hi, I've been thinking lately of buying an unlocked Iphone from Apple since I don't really like to be on contract with any kind of service. Could anyone tell me the process I'd have to do after purchasing the phone, like am I able to go to AT&T and they completely do the activation and everything for me? Also, does anyone have any problems with prepaid service with AT&T, and how much does it usually cost a month for unlimited everything?

Thank you in advance. 

go to apple, pay full retail price for the unlocked phone - make sure you specificly ask for the version that is unlocked and then add it to the service. Just verify that att is adding it as no commitment.

As far as prepaid while the iphone will work to a point on it, it is not supported by att so any issues you have are your's to solve

Message 2 of 3 (471 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Unlocked Iphone4S

avalynne wrote:

Thank you in advance. 

1) buy from Apple online or in store. Be SURE you are getting a CARRIER UNLOCKED version, not a "No Contract" version.

2) go to AT&T and sign up for the same iPhone plan as everyone else. There is no cost savings. You don't have a contract, so you can cancel at any time without an ETF. There is no "Unlimited Everything" on AT&T

Unlimited Txt is $20

Unlimited Talk is $69

DataPro 2G for 4s is $25 for first 2GB, $10 per GB after that, no limit on how many GB you want to buy in a month.

So "Everything" is $114/mo + whatever extra data you use.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (448 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.