Unlocked Iphone 4s month to month plan? Do I need to pay deposit?

Contributor

Unlocked Iphone 4s month to month plan? Do I need to pay deposit?

I ordered unlocked Iphone 4s from Apple Store and I would like to use AT&T month to month postpaid service, but since I'm not U.S. citizen and do not have any credit and SSN, do I need to pay a deposit even its month to month plan? OR AT&T gophone's 250mb data would be enough? I usually skype video chat, viber, check facebook , google something, check my email, download apps, and tweet. and my school has wifi everywhere except my dorm. If gophone would be enough, do they accept international credit card(Visa card but billing address is non U.S. address. I tried in tmbl and h2o and it didnt work) or do they accept paypal?

Thank you, 

Message 1 of 5 (9,133 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Unlocked Iphone 4s month to month plan? Do I need to pay deposit?

For AT&T service on iPhone, you must use a monthly plan (a no-contract plan will be fine)

goPhone plans are not supported on iPhones - you may be able to use one for voice/sms, but data will not work, and its possible nothing will work since its not a supported device.

I doubt you can get montly no-contract service without a domestic address and payment method, but that's a question that an AT&T service rep should be able to answer for you easily. On any postpaid account insufficent credit info will likely trigger a security deposit - otherwise there would be nothing stopping people from getting service, running up a bill, and disappearing. Hence, the large deposit to cover that loss should you decide to do so.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (9,111 Views)
Expert

Another thing to make sure - that you actually get the unlocked iphone, they also have a no cotract iphone price, they are NOT the same phone or part number. Verify that your paperwork states unlocked in it

Message 3 of 5 (9,105 Views)
Contributor

Guys, I have sent an iphone 4 gift to Chile, but has been blocked and can only use a SIM AT & T, which no use to me and I can not unlock it, that's why I wonder if you as a community can help me my service provider asked me to unlock aT & T equipment, or who gave me a certificate which allows to bring the equipment into Chile. To fill it with another company.

Message 4 of 5 (9,098 Views)
Highlighted

ale_campusano wrote:

Guys, I have sent an iphone 4 gift to Chile, but has been blocked and can only use a SIM AT & T, which no use to me and I can not unlock it, that's why I wonder if you as a community can help me my service provider asked me to unlock aT & T equipment, or who gave me a certificate which allows to bring the equipment into Chile. To fill it with another company.

No way to unlock. Apple nor AT&T will do it.

Best to have them send it back to you and send them an "UNLOCKED" Iphone you purchase directly from APPLE.

Message 5 of 5 (9,058 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.