Unlocked Galaxy Note 3

Contributor

Unlocked Galaxy Note 3

I want to buy a replacement unlocked Galaxy Note 3 to replace my existing AT&T Galaxy S4.  I am in the middle of my contract period.  Will the unlocked, Galaxy Note 3 work with my current contract and will I get the same 4G connectivity with an unlocked smartphone?  

I have never had an unlocked smartphone before, so I am a little ignorant of how it works.  Thanks for any info!

Message 1 of 3 (441 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Unlocked Galaxy Note 3

An unlocked phone works just like the locked one except that it can be used on other gsm providers, it is not locked to AT&T.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (432 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Unlocked Galaxy Note 3

RoguehoNey wrote:

I want to buy a replacement unlocked Galaxy Note 3 to replace my existing AT&T Galaxy S4.  I am in the middle of my contract period.  Will the unlocked, Galaxy Note 3 work with my current contract and will I get the same 4G connectivity with an unlocked smartphone?  

I have never had an unlocked smartphone before, so I am a little ignorant of how it works.  Thanks for any info!

You will have to be careful when buing an unlocked Note 3. First, Samsung has started region locking their unlocked phones, which means that to get it to be fully unlocked it needs to be activated first with a SIM card from that region. Second, the 4G bands are different on different models of Note 3 and you need to make sure you're getting the North American variant.

Other than that, as kdfederer said -- same as a locked one.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (394 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.