Unlocked Blackberry Pearl and Data Plan

Contributor

Unlocked Blackberry Pearl and Data Plan

My Brother from London gifted me a unlocked BlackBerry with Phone Wi-Fi capability. Since it is unlocked I want to put my curent ATT sim card into the new unlocked phone.

If I do that, will ATT detect my phone and automatically put me on the data plan, because I really do not need any data plan as I do not use much of it.

Can anyone please help.

Message 1 of 4 (3,352 Views)
Expert

Re: Unlocked Blackberry Pearl and Data Plan

yaqsha wrote:

My Brother from London gifted me a unlocked BlackBerry with Phone Wi-Fi capability. Since it is unlocked I want to put my curent ATT sim card into the new unlocked phone.

If I do that, will ATT detect my phone and automatically put me on the data plan, because I really do not need any data plan as I do not use much of it.

Can anyone please help.

Yes you are required to take the data plan, if you dont yes they will add it for you.

Message 2 of 4 (3,344 Views)
Contributor

I just want to know if I get an unlocked blackberry from at&t, would I be able to use the data bis services of another mobile carrier on the unlocked at&t blackberry?

Message 3 of 4 (1,983 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

shaddz wrote:

I just want to know if I get an unlocked blackberry from at&t, would I be able to use the data bis services of another mobile carrier on the unlocked at&t blackberry?

Another carriers BB data plan will not work with an AT&T SIM card. However, an unlocked AT&T Blackberry should work fine if you use another carriers GSM SIM card. Getting their data plan to work should work as well, but check with the carrier that you plan on using the device with, if you are not sure.

Message 4 of 4 (1,974 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support