Unlock sound isn't as solid...Other sounds too

Scholar

Unlock sound isn't as solid...Other sounds too

Maybe I'm being picky, but......

The Unlock sound and certain apps (Solitaire) have a different sound to them then with my 3GS. Mostly clicky type sounds. It almost sounds tinny (tin-ee)...however that's spelled Smiley Tongue.

Anyway, It doesn't have that same solid sound that my 3GS had. Am I imagining this, or does anyone else feel the sound is a little different on the iPhone 4?

Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: Unlock sound isn't as solid...Other sounds too

i noticed the same thing compared to my 3G. The sound doesn't have as much ooomph on the i4. Music is very weak.

Message 2 of 7
Scholar

uhohvideos wrote:

i noticed the same thing compared to my 3G. The sound doesn't have as much ooomph on the i4. Music is very weak.

Yes! No ooomph.....I know it doesn't take away from the performance of the phone, but it almost sounds cheap. If I remember, I'll compare tomorrow when I'm at my Moms. She has my 3GS.

Message 3 of 7
Guru

its because there is only one main speaker now (the right one)
the left one is a speakerphone (for calls) and for facetime ( but it still does make some noise for music or games )

Message 4 of 7
Scholar

iFrosty wrote:

its because there is only one main speaker now (the right one)
the left one is a speakerphone (for calls) and for facetime ( but it still does make some noise for music or games )

Only one speaker? That's weird. Why would they take away sound quality like that. What can't both be a speaker? Are there specs somewhere that show this?

Message 5 of 7
Professor

There's only one speaker there for all iPhones. The other is your microphone. The second speaker is your ear side on phone calls. I do have some sound deprivation on mine as well. The 3GS had a little more sound. Not sure if the speaker is the same one or they modified it to add bass. It was a simple snap shutter sound and now it's a longer shutter.

The game sounds are a tad issue mainly because of the iOS3 nature they are still on. I also notice some play SFX and some don't for which I have to do the multitask kill app.

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

I noticed the same thing too!  Almost like a "blown speaker" kinda noise.  Plus using the speakerphone during calls is the same issue, sound is wierd.  i've also been told that I sound really "high pitched and fuzzy" sounding on calls.  I was really impressed with the sound quality on phone calls with the old 3G, and right now I am highly disappointed in the phone call sound quality of 4.

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support