Wireless Forums

Posted Jan 27, 2012
8:42:46 AM
View profile
Unlock my mobile

Hi,

I do hope that someone could help me. I do get an 2 years old iphone 3gs and I want to unlock cause I moved to Germany for a couple of years, How could I unlock it by AT&T?

Please response me ASAP

Kind regards

Hi,

I do hope that someone could help me. I do get an 2 years old iphone 3gs and I want to unlock cause I moved to Germany for a couple of years, How could I unlock it by AT&T?

Please response me ASAP

Kind regards

Unlock my mobile

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2012 9:12:09 AM
(0)
Guru

This is getting to be ridiculous....your answer is on the FIRST page....please people READ before you post.

To answer your question:  NO NO NO....AT&T will NOT unlock your iPhone.  

lassiter007 wrote:

Hi,

Please response me ASAP

Kind regards

This is getting to be ridiculous....your answer is on the FIRST page....please people READ before you post.

To answer your question:  NO NO NO....AT&T will NOT unlock your iPhone.  

lassiter007 wrote:

Hi,

Please response me ASAP

Kind regards

Re: Unlock my mobile

2 of 14 (923 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2012 9:23:11 AM
(0)
Guru
No matter what! No matter if it's legal in another country! No matter how long you have been a loyal customer! No matter where you bought it!
No matter what! No matter if it's legal in another country! No matter how long you have been a loyal customer! No matter where you bought it!

3 of 14 (920 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2012 9:41:11 AM
(0)
Mentor
First thing I would try is going to Apple in Germany (if there is such) and plead your case. After that it's either a door stopper or trying one of those Internet unlocks. Here in NY I was intrigued to see shops offering unlocking of I phones down on Canal St. The draw back seemed to be that you would need to unlock the phone each time you changed country. they termed it a "Soft" unlock. If you remember the early days of IPhones hackers had figured out how to unlock but you could never update the software without turning the phone into a paper weight.
First thing I would try is going to Apple in Germany (if there is such) and plead your case. After that it's either a door stopper or trying one of those Internet unlocks. Here in NY I was intrigued to see shops offering unlocking of I phones down on Canal St. The draw back seemed to be that you would need to unlock the phone each time you changed country. they termed it a "Soft" unlock. If you remember the early days of IPhones hackers had figured out how to unlock but you could never update the software without turning the phone into a paper weight.

4 of 14 (910 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2012 10:40:12 AM
(0)
Guru
It's cost prohibited to buy a flight to Germany just to buy an iPhone! I think I would just go to Apple and buy an unlocked iPhone!
It's cost prohibited to buy a flight to Germany just to buy an iPhone! I think I would just go to Apple and buy an unlocked iPhone!

5 of 14 (901 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2012 7:28:33 AM
(0)
Scholar

Facci wrote:

You people are really rude.

Not everyone in the world is as iPhone knowledgable as you rude Americans.

If you can't answer the question in a civil manner, don't read any question listed as unlock.

Pretty simple isn't it?

Facci wrote:

If you can't answer the question in a civil manner, don't read any question listed as unlock.

Pretty simple isn't it?

6 of 14 (847 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2012 7:44:52 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by Facci on Jan 28, 2012 at 7:47:11 AM

wireless-user wrote:

Facci wrote:

Pretty simple isn't it?

REALLY? You are one of the rudest people on here! The poster said: "First thing I would try is going to Apple in Germany (if there is such) and plead your case. After that it's either a door stopper or trying one of those Internet unlocks. Here in NY I was intrigued to see shops offering unlocking of I phones down on Canal St. The draw back seemed to be that you would need to unlock the phone each time you changed country. they termed it a "Soft" unlock." Please explain how MY response was rude?

wireless-user wrote:

Facci wrote:

Pretty simple isn't it?

REALLY? You are one of the rudest people on here! The poster said: "First thing I would try is going to Apple in Germany (if there is such) and plead your case. After that it's either a door stopper or trying one of those Internet unlocks. Here in NY I was intrigued to see shops offering unlocking of I phones down on Canal St. The draw back seemed to be that you would need to unlock the phone each time you changed country. they termed it a "Soft" unlock." Please explain how MY response was rude?

[ Edited ]
7 of 14 (843 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2012 10:36:13 AM
(0)
Guru
Pot calling the kettle black!  :smileylol:

wireless-user wrote:

Pot calling the kettle black!  :smileylol:

wireless-user wrote:

8 of 14 (823 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2012 11:30:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

wireless-user wrote:

Facci wrote:

Someone manages to find the AT&T forum on the internet, figures out how to register, figures out how to post, but DOESN'T look at ANY of the current topics right on the first page that have UNLOCK in the title?

Yeah. Ok.

I guess we could make a daily sweep of all the new "hi I am from X and Y happened and I have a locked AT&T phone but Z so how do I unlock it?" posts from people who register just to make that post, put them all in one thread, and just take turns posting "AT&T will not unlock your phone for any reason, ever." at the bottom.

Becuase no matter what X, Y, and Z are, the answer is the same. If it's locked, it's NEVER going to be unlocked by AT&T. Ever.

I personally have given this answer 10s (if not hundreds) of times. Forgive me if sometimes I get snippy.

wireless-user wrote:

Facci wrote:

Someone manages to find the AT&T forum on the internet, figures out how to register, figures out how to post, but DOESN'T look at ANY of the current topics right on the first page that have UNLOCK in the title?

Yeah. Ok.

I guess we could make a daily sweep of all the new "hi I am from X and Y happened and I have a locked AT&T phone but Z so how do I unlock it?" posts from people who register just to make that post, put them all in one thread, and just take turns posting "AT&T will not unlock your phone for any reason, ever." at the bottom.

Becuase no matter what X, Y, and Z are, the answer is the same. If it's locked, it's NEVER going to be unlocked by AT&T. Ever.

I personally have given this answer 10s (if not hundreds) of times. Forgive me if sometimes I get snippy.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 14 (810 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2012 4:34:10 PM
(0)
Scholar

Facci wrote:

Page back and read some of the responses given to the OP who was asking a simple question....

If the shoe fits, wear it.  if not, just ignore..

Facci wrote:

Page back and read some of the responses given to the OP who was asking a simple question....

If the shoe fits, wear it.  if not, just ignore..

10 of 14 (784 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2012 4:37:16 PM
(0)
Scholar

johninsj wrote:

Never say never.   Maybe in the foreseeable future at&t won't unlock an iPhone.  Never, ever?  who really knows.

My advice to you is to skip any post with unlock in the subject and you won't need to get snippy.

johninsj wrote:

Never say never.   Maybe in the foreseeable future at&t won't unlock an iPhone.  Never, ever?  who really knows.

My advice to you is to skip any post with unlock in the subject and you won't need to get snippy.

11 of 14 (711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2012 4:50:29 PM
(0)

Dear Community Members,

This thread appears to be taking a different direction. Please avoid any personal attacks or criticism.

While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.

Let's remember to stay on topic.

Thanks,

Phil-101
Community Moderator

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

Dear Community Members,

This thread appears to be taking a different direction. Please avoid any personal attacks or criticism.

While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.

Let's remember to stay on topic.

Thanks,

Phil-101
Community Moderator

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.

12 of 14 (710 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2012 5:06:41 PM
(0)
Guru
No! You quoted me saying people are rude so if you are going to make statements like that please explain.
No! You quoted me saying people are rude so if you are going to make statements like that please explain.

13 of 14 (703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2012 5:30:36 PM
(0)

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

14 of 14 (698 Views)