Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 14, 2011
12:06:43 AM
View profile
Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?
Verizon and Sprint will unlock phone so their customers can use local sim cards during international travel. Will AT&T match this?

Verizon and Sprint will unlock phone so their customers can use local sim cards during international travel. Will AT&T match this?

Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?

40 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(40)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 10:26:24 AM
(0)
Scholar

wingrider01 wrote:

not really sure what you are saying but simple fact it is a business tool for a lot of people, kind of hard to have a "face to face" meeting when the people meeting span the globe and are in different times zones, when the technology in the world has advanced so that you gave have a face to face meeting in the morning in london, then attend a face to face meeting in Osaka 2 hours later , then one in Rio De Janeiro to round out the day is when the need for data and voice concurrently is no longer needed.

Whatever you say...

You must be impossible to live with, is that why you're always on the road?

Kinda like my wife is always asking  "when is your next trip?"

wingrider01 wrote:

not really sure what you are saying but simple fact it is a business tool for a lot of people, kind of hard to have a "face to face" meeting when the people meeting span the globe and are in different times zones, when the technology in the world has advanced so that you gave have a face to face meeting in the morning in london, then attend a face to face meeting in Osaka 2 hours later , then one in Rio De Janeiro to round out the day is when the need for data and voice concurrently is no longer needed.

Whatever you say...

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?

31 of 41 (3,474 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 12:47:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

How I can know if it is elegible ???

32 of 41 (3,460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 12:53:22 PM
(0)
Guru
AT&T won't unlock any iPhone under any circumstances. There is no eligibility test to pass. There is no way for you to unlock your iPhone, at least via AT&T.
AT&T won't unlock any iPhone under any circumstances. There is no eligibility test to pass. There is no way for you to unlock your iPhone, at least via AT&T.

33 of 41 (3,457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 3:28:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

CristobalValdes wrote:

When you purchased it, you purchased a SIM-UNLOCKED iPhone from Apple. If it works with a non-at&t sim, then you know it's sim-unlocked (this is running stock firmware)

CristobalValdes wrote:

When you purchased it, you purchased a SIM-UNLOCKED iPhone from Apple. If it works with a non-at&t sim, then you know it's sim-unlocked (this is running stock firmware)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

34 of 41 (3,443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 4:02:13 PM
(0)
Expert

wireless-user wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Whatever you say...

3 childern so I don;t think so, I travel a lot that is true, but to grow the business that is mandatory, helps pays for the neat toys and 3 month vacations in warmer locations when winter hits, have never had a complaint at all from the wife, the kids or their tutor

wireless-user wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Whatever you say...

3 childern so I don;t think so, I travel a lot that is true, but to grow the business that is mandatory, helps pays for the neat toys and 3 month vacations in warmer locations when winter hits, have never had a complaint at all from the wife, the kids or their tutor

35 of 41 (3,438 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 4:03:39 PM
(0)
Expert

CristobalValdes wrote:

If you bought it from Apple at full retail cost and it specificly states "sim unlocked" then it is eligible

CristobalValdes wrote:

If you bought it from Apple at full retail cost and it specificly states "sim unlocked" then it is eligible

36 of 41 (3,437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2012 7:35:55 AM
(0)
Guru

wingrider01 wrote:

tonester wrote:

wireless-user wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:
 Do know one thing their heads down road warriors of the company will be really displeased by the simple fact that one verizon one cannot have a conversation and access data at the same time. Makes for having conference for business collberation of a new deal impossible

You've been watching too many at&t commercials.  Surfing and talking isn't a requirement for me, or for that matter I've never seen anyone need it or demand that function. In the example you cite my laptop serves the purpose much better.

While I am a high tech nerd, the phone (to me) is a phone first and everything else is a much lower priority.

I hope to keep you amused for a few months longer.  Smiley Happy

Cheers,

LOL I hear you there--whatever happened to the days when a cellphone's main--if not only--function was simply to make and receive phone calls?  Nowadays, a cellphone isn't a cellphone unless you can install apps on it to make f*rt sounds, socialize online with faceless people at restaurants because you prefer doing that over talking to your dinner companion(s), or dress it up with some useless bling so that people can not only see that you're making or receiving calls, but to make sure that they can see how stylish and/or cool you look while you're doing so.

not really sure what you are saying but simple fact it is a business tool for a lot of people...

LOL yes it is a business tool for a lot of people...just as it was likely a business tool for people almost 20 years ago...but surely the people using them back then weren't inconvenienced just because they couldn't surf the internet or check their email from their cellphones.  Lemme ask you this--would most businesses suffer tremendously if those folks working for said businesses who needed to use cellphones as part of their regular business duties had to rely on using a dumbphone instead of a smartphone?  My oh my, how did they manage to get by almost two decades ago when there was hardly such a thing as a smartphone and the only thing that cellphones could do was, golly gee, just make and receive calls?

My point is that cellphones were in use long before smartphones proliferated...nobody complained back then about cellphone functionality cramping their business and/or personal lifestyle.  Or are you implying that your exposure to cellphones began only after the iPhone came out?  If so, then I can see how people like yourself would take for granted a cellphone's primary--and when first released, only function--namely, to make and receive calls.

wingrider01 wrote:

tonester wrote:

wireless-user wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:
 Do know one thing their heads down road warriors of the company will be really displeased by the simple fact that one verizon one cannot have a conversation and access data at the same time. Makes for having conference for business collberation of a new deal impossible

You've been watching too many at&t commercials.  Surfing and talking isn't a requirement for me, or for that matter I've never seen anyone need it or demand that function. In the example you cite my laptop serves the purpose much better.

While I am a high tech nerd, the phone (to me) is a phone first and everything else is a much lower priority.

I hope to keep you amused for a few months longer.  Smiley Happy

Cheers,

LOL I hear you there--whatever happened to the days when a cellphone's main--if not only--function was simply to make and receive phone calls?  Nowadays, a cellphone isn't a cellphone unless you can install apps on it to make f*rt sounds, socialize online with faceless people at restaurants because you prefer doing that over talking to your dinner companion(s), or dress it up with some useless bling so that people can not only see that you're making or receiving calls, but to make sure that they can see how stylish and/or cool you look while you're doing so.

not really sure what you are saying but simple fact it is a business tool for a lot of people...

LOL yes it is a business tool for a lot of people...just as it was likely a business tool for people almost 20 years ago...but surely the people using them back then weren't inconvenienced just because they couldn't surf the internet or check their email from their cellphones.  Lemme ask you this--would most businesses suffer tremendously if those folks working for said businesses who needed to use cellphones as part of their regular business duties had to rely on using a dumbphone instead of a smartphone?  My oh my, how did they manage to get by almost two decades ago when there was hardly such a thing as a smartphone and the only thing that cellphones could do was, golly gee, just make and receive calls?

My point is that cellphones were in use long before smartphones proliferated...nobody complained back then about cellphone functionality cramping their business and/or personal lifestyle.  Or are you implying that your exposure to cellphones began only after the iPhone came out?  If so, then I can see how people like yourself would take for granted a cellphone's primary--and when first released, only function--namely, to make and receive calls.

37 of 41 (3,370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2012 10:42:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

38 of 41 (3,334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2012 10:43:49 AM
(0)
Tutor
So please help me.

My Imei is 012418007178627

Or what I should do ???
So please help me.

My Imei is 012418007178627

Or what I should do ???

39 of 41 (3,332 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2012 10:45:11 AM
(0)
Tutor

My is 4G 

Imei    012418007178627

Please help everything is OK with AT&T no debts ....

My is 4G 

Imei    012418007178627

Please help everything is OK with AT&T no debts ....

40 of 41 (3,332 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2012 10:47:31 AM
(0)
Master

CristobalValdes wrote:

Not reading your other posts, where did you buy your iPHone?  

Did you get it at a discount?  If you got your iPhone at a discount, you are NOT eligible for an unlock.  

If you bought a non-contract iPHone from Apple but NOT the non-contract unlocked version, you are NOT eligible.  

If you paid for an unlocked iPHone from Apple directly your iPhone WILL work with an SIM from another carrier.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

CristobalValdes wrote:

Not reading your other posts, where did you buy your iPHone?  

Did you get it at a discount?  If you got your iPhone at a discount, you are NOT eligible for an unlock.  

If you bought a non-contract iPHone from Apple but NOT the non-contract unlocked version, you are NOT eligible.  

If you paid for an unlocked iPHone from Apple directly your iPhone WILL work with an SIM from another carrier.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

41 of 41 (2,900 Views)